Episode 3

Y/N's POV

The next morning I decided to go for a walk in the garden after breakfast. I was accompanied by a Maid who seemed really nice. The Ball was
still a whole week away so I had to keep myself busy somehow. I sat near the pond as the Maid helped me feed the tiny fishes. I was admiring the beautiful garden when I noticed a certain someone.

It's the Prince!

He was sitting under a tree. I walked closer to him since the Maid was busy chitchatting with the Gardener. I stood behind the tree.

Yoongi still didn't notice her presence. He was reading a book aloud since he thought he was all alone.

I know eavesdropping is not proper but I couldn't help but be curious since this is the first time I've seen him so focused ever since I got here.

Yoongi:Quick in quarrel, seeking the bubble reputation. What in the world does that even mean?

Ah...Shakespeare! I can tell he is into it but I have a feeling that he doesn't seem to understand the true essence of his poetry.

Yoongi:Is second childishness and mere ob...obn...oblion?
Y/N:Oblivion.

I couldn't help myself when I saw him struggling.

Yoongi was startled by Y/N's presence but he was quick to return to his signature expression.

Y/N:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to invade your privacy but I just couldn't help it
when you were struggling with that word. I must go. I'm probably annoying you-
Yoongi:Oblivion...what does it mean?

I thought he would be mad at me for eavesdropping on him but I was shocked since he reacted completely different from what I expected. He seemed to be showing some interest. His expression was blank but his tone had a slight trace of curiosity.

Y/N:It means being in a state of unconsciousness but here...the poet means falling into darkness or a deep slumber.
Yoongi:Really? How are you so sure about it?
Y/N:I've read it a few times and I know the true meaning of this poem since my mother explained it to me.
Yoongi:You do! Tell me, I want-
Maid:Princess, there you are! I've been searching for you. Greetings my Prince, hope you're having a lovely day. Princess, we should be heading inside now. Your mother must be worried since we've been here for quite long.
Yoongi:No, you can't leave without explaining the meaning of this poem.

I grew nervous since he held my wrist all of a sudden. He seemed like he
genuinely wanted me to stay. How can I deny his genuine request? It's not very polite. Besides, I really want to spend time with him. I want to know him better.

Y/N:I'll stay with the Prince. I'll explain everything to my mother
and I'm sure she will understand. It's ok, you may leave now.
Maid:As you wish Princess.

The Maid left. I sat beside Yoongi and he suddenly scooted closer to me with the book in his hands. He looked at me with sparkling eyes as I began with the explanation. He listened to each and every word of mine attentively.

Y/N:So now do you get what the poet is trying to convey to the reader?
Yoongi:Yes! I've read this poem several times but I never thought that it had a meaning this deep. Can you please help me with a few more books?
Y/N:It would be my pleasure.
Yoongi:Come with me then, I have tons of books and I am having trouble
with some of them. Let's go to the library.

He held my hand and he dashed towards the library not even giving me time to adjust to his pace and it was really hard for me to run in my dress. I was glad that I didn't trip and embarrass myself.

~TO BE CONTINUED

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*