-

Hi! Thank you so much for choosing to read this story, I really hope you enjoy it. Just before we start, I just wanted wanted say that in this the characters are all 15 rather than 12.

----------

I was laying on my bed just chilling listening to a record while reading. It was the beginning of the summer holidays before our last year of school. I was just about to turn the page when I heard a harsh tap on my bedroom window. I jumped and ran over to see what (or who) it was. As suspected, it was my best friend Teddy. He often came round to ask me to hang out. I opened my window and looked down at him.

"Hey Teddy," I said.

"Hi Lavinia. You wanna go to the forest today?" He asked.

"Oh sure! I'll be right down," I said, rushing out of my room to grab my shoes. "Mom I'm going out!"

I ran back to my room and climbed out the window to meet Teddy.

"You know you can use the door, right?" I asked with a giggle as we climbed down to the sidewalk.

"Yeah, I know that but it's more fun to climb to your window. Besides, how many times have you used the door?"

"Fair point."

We crossed through the street opposite my house, where the trees acted like a canopy leading to the forest.

We entered the forest that we'd been going to for years, playing army and just mucking about.

I always had a great time hanging with Teddy. We had other friends too, but it was real nice when it was just the two of us.

"Teddy," I said as we were walking side by side, about to head to the treehouse.

"Yeah?"

"This is probably going to be our very last summer where all of us, you know, Gordie, Chris, Vern and us two are all going to be able to hang out. I mean, eventually we're all going to be going our own ways and that's.. that's quite.. sorta scary to think about. I want this summer to be different. One that we can all remember forever."

It turns out that we did have the summer of a lifetime. Just not in the way any if us had expected.