The only chapter

Yeah Camp had been stressing David out more than usual. To say it stressed him out was an understatement actually, he looked more like any second he would have a mental breakdown and just stop functioning, also probably actually kill a camper this time. At least according to Gwen, that is. Gwen had as a joke told him to pick up some dude or chick, get a few drinks and party. Honestly to David relieving stress through sex didn't sound that bad.

So there David was on some fuck buddy website scrolling on and about until something might possibly happen. OF course, because it's Sleepy Peak there were a whole lot of old people willing to do something, and- wait was that QuarterMaster's profile?! David didn't have time to truly look at it because it quickly left the screen. "Looking to get a drink or to and bang because that's what horny people do" was the description of some anonymous faceless profile. Age 25, and named Jasper. Boy does that name bring back memories David loves and... wishes he could forget, and like the idiot David was asked where they should meet up. Not a single, hmm maybe not having a profile image was suspicious but hey David didn't put one on his either so he can't really complain.

--

David, Age 24 with... also no profile probably didn't want to show his face either. Jasper's mind flowed with blocked out memories of Camp Campbell, memories Jasper had tried his whole life to forget. Jasper brushed off the name and agreed to meet at the bar on the other side of town, a different and not a strip club like Muffin Topz, bar. Driving in his stupid bright orange beat up pick up truck his dad had gotten him long ago for his 16th he arrived at the bar. Stepping out he could see a person waiting outside.
Probably David, hmm kinda nice for him to wait so I don't have to guess who the guy is.

Jasper walked up to the man stopping a few feet in front of the man who was looking at the opposite parking lot most likely, waiting for him, "Hey are you David?"

The man turned around smiling nervously, "Oh hi y-you're Jasper from the hook up-"

Jasper didn't hear the rest of that sentence. There right in front of Jasper was a man he wanted so badly to forget, someone who betrayed him, abandoned him... for Campbell. Jasper started to hyperventilate, maybe taking his friend Danielle's advice on reconciling at Sleepy Peak was a terrible idea. He knew Camp Campbell was still in business when he saw the ad a few weeks ago in the paper, but right there right in front of Jasper was Davey. David, who was his tentmate, his best friend, his kind of crush and the person who abandoned him to a cave that would result in so much trauma and in a prosthetic hand, scars and tons of therapy was standing in front of him wearing the Camp Campbell Counselor uniform.

Jasper not even realizing it began to yell at his ex tentmate as tears began to fall, "YOU WORK FOR CAMPBELL AFTER FOURTEEN YEARS YOU FUCKING TRAITOR YOU LEFT ME AND NOW YOU'RE BEING PAID BY THE VERY MAN THAT ALMOST KILLED ME BECAUSE OF HIS OWN ILLEGAL SHIT YOU FUCKING WORK AT CAMP CAMPBELL DAVEY DID YOU EVER EVEN STOP TO THINK-"

---

David had been waiting for ten minutes when a man had called his name. Turning around David had asked if he was Jasper accidentally going on an embarrassing rant about how he hasn't done a hook up before and that he doesn't drink and this would actual be his first time because he's a virgin and how happy he is that this Jasper isn't some 50 year old man. When David started to notice the man hyperventilating did David stop his rambling.

"Hey um uh Jasper, are you oh-", David didn't get to finish his question before Jasper started to yell at him. At first David was a little worried this might be someone scammed by Campbell, man the Camp phone line was getting a lot of threats after people found out Cameron Campbell wasn't in Super Guantanamo. But, when he got a little closer look, examining the scars on half the man's face, the shaggy blonde hair, and an outdated style he hasn't seen in fourte-

"-YOU FUCKING WORK AT CAMP CAMPBELL DAVEY DID YOU EVER EVEN STOP TO THINK ABOUT SHUTTING THE CAMP DOWN I THOUGHT MAYBE SOMEHOW THE CLOUD COVERING YOUR EYES BLINDING YOU FROM SEEING CAMPBELL'S PLAIN AS DAY COLORS WOULD SHOW YOU HE FUCKING SUCKS!"

Hearing "Davey" was what brought his mind screaming to a halt, well more of a halt on time going by in his mind. Every single memory from that fateful day he found love for the camp and when he found out Jasper had left, had left him came like a slap to the face. Right in front of him was someone he had thought he would never get to see again, Jasper.

Suddenly two men were crying now, "Jasper I-"

---

Jasper had finished his yelling now hugging himself tight mumbling over and over again about the trauma everything was just so overwhelming and Jasper was just about to tell David he was leaving because his mother always taught him that it was polite to say goodbye even if you didn't like the person and'

"Jasper I'm so so so sorry, I'm sosososososososo sorry for how much of terrible friend I was, I left you and you got hurt and I almost lost you and you left before I could apologize and I'm so sorry you were right about Campbell, Jasper I'm so sorry I never should have left you or let you go in that cave I'm so so sorry".

Jasper had looked startled as David took a step closer, gently putting his hands on his shoulders. Jasper saw tears running down David's face and for the first time in forever Jasper hugged David and for the first time since that incident Jasper cried every single bit of bottled up emotions, the trauma he was trying to forget the therapy sessions he went to that honestly were only helping him a small bit all came crashing down too.

Two men crying in each others arms, two people who had spent the entire time dealing with their trauma in shitty ways, finally were able to let it all out. That is until a bartender had walked outside concerned.

"UM excuse me sirs I heard shouting while assisting a customer is everything alright, do I need to call a cab or the cops?"

Jasper pulling away from David and wiping his tears away let out a laugh, a real one something most people in his family would give to hear again, "No sir we just haven't seen each other in a while, we're old friends".

David wiping his tears confirmed Jasper's words, "sorry sir we're just overwhelmed with friendship for a hot minute".

"Ok... are you sirs going to come in a close in four hours", the bartender said, the two men nodded following the tender into the bar.

---

Two hours later after taking a shot each and downing their second Shirley Temple David learned two things. One he was glad he had taken Gwen's playful advice and two he wasn't the only lightweight in Sleepy Peak. Both a little tipsy from a single shot the men poured out what had been going on in their lives since camp. David having depression, and anxiety to hop along with his ADHD brought him into pitch black moments that he had never truly talked about, and how he's recently gained ownership to the camp since Campbell got arrested, and is now under FBI surveillance is working community service in Sleepy Peak. Jasper having depression anxiety, a phobia of loud noises, a hatred towards the Fourth of July, and having a slight case of Walking Corpse syndrome, becoming a graphic designer and taking the advice of his friend to "let his spirit rest by visiting Sleepy Peak and reconcile".

The two men paid for their drinks and walked out of the bar, Jasper walked with David to the campmobile and after exchanging numbers, and Jasper telling David that fucking at the motel next door probably isn't a good idea considering what has happened in the past few hours he goes to leave. But, right before David gets in his car, Jasper turns around, "Maybe in the future Davey we might fuck, if you're interested that is".

And David with a sudden burst of confidence shut the door to his car, walked the five feet kissing Jasper's cheek, "maybe we will".

1470 words