Diez

Gal's POV

I returned to the dressing room where I was assigned. I needed some make up retouch before revealing the winner.

I was sure the points that I wrote over there was in favor of player no. 5. I dont know what had just come into me that I was trying to ask some random question. Towards some random stranger outside.

Even if I knew we wont be left unsupervised during the date itself. I just feel like it would be strange to be with another person you just met. Well this is what my agency signed me up for. I hope they would get the best shots for this dating competition.

I was waiting for the floor director to come fetch me. I was done with the make up five minutes ago but it was taking them forever.

Miss Gal. Uhmm. . .

The girl was nervous all of a sudden.

What is it? I asked

Uhmm. . . Sorry we need to talk to you for a minute.

Sure. In here or?

Yeah, yeah. Here. . let me just go and get them. Sorry.

I nodded. After a while she is with some other people whom I met but wasnt sure.

Hi Miss Gal. Im one of the writer.
Miss Gal. Im the director.
Gal. Im one of the producer.

I was sitting on the chair when all of them started introducing themselves. Im sorry, what is this about? Im starting to be worried.

The emcee entered and gave them a paper. I just looked at them and waited for them to continue talking.

The director talked. So Miss Gal. Actually, first we are very sorry about what happened.

I scrunched my brows and calmed myself. What exactly are they trying to ask forgiveness of?

So what really happened is. The emcee continued. The draw to select the players was via automated system.

Director : no I think lets start with the winner?

Producer : yes. Ill take the explaining. So Miss Gal the Player you chose who garnered the highest points of the game. The player is actually a SHE. Now what the emcee was trying to say is the players were selected automatically via system. So it wasnt entirely our fault.

They are all plastered with worried plus nervous expressions. Wait. What did that person just say?!

Director : what we are trying to say is. Would it be okay if the winner would be your second choice. The second among the players who got high points. That is.

Emcee : player 2

Im actually trying to process still the situation I am in. Though what the heck is wrong with them? They wanted me to change the winner. I would like to speak with my manager for a while. Can you all please give us some time?

All of them nodded. They went out after my manager walked in.

Im sorry. This happened. They actually explained to me while the break is on. They thought the percentage of you choosing the woman is 0.1%. However when you handed the paper with all the points. Their world crumbled. Now this is the solution they come up with. Would you agree with it? By any chance?

I mean. . . Pffft. I raise an arm and lay it down again. How the heck did this even happen? They were suppose to be all men.

That is correct. Well this woman whose name is Brian it is actually spelled B-R-I-A-N-N-E but the sytem took it as Brian. As a man. When she arrived in the morning they couldnt change anymore.

Hmmm. . . That is why their voice wasnt their original? During the game?

That is correct.

Now. . . Well. . Do you think. Will they let me meet her? Would she ever know that she is the winner?

No, they will announce the second winner and they wont let her know.

That is unfair. . . How could they even face her without guilt on their faces?

I know. . This is their decision. What do you think? I mean one staff explained if you choose the woman to date. It would be possible however their fault will be emphasized and the staff including the director, writer, producer and so on. Their image will be at stake.

I started thinking of the possibilities. Well they could at least tell her she is the winner. Then explain to her that she wont be the one for me to date. Though they may find it difficult to entertain her consequences if there would be any. Maybe that is why they chose to talk to me instead.

Can we agree on something? I asked my manager.

Yes sure. Tell me.

Even if they will announce 2 as the winner. I would still like to meet the woman. Then, I would want to date her. I know it shouldnt be my problem but you cant just take this out of me. She clearly won the game fair and square.

You know I dont really have a take on this. It is all on you. You will be the one to date. Now as to what you want of course we can arrange it. However. Wherever. Whenever you like it. I can still give you time to think this through. Do you need more time?

My mind and heart is racing at the moment. Should I really give her a chance? I mean she clearly won. Uggghhh. I havent met her but why do I feel like I already owe her something. Yes. I owe her this.

With that we walked to where the staffs were and they proceeded with announcing the winner.

When they finished saying who the winner was. There were cheers and applause on the stage. He was called and he is not bad at all. He looks younger than me. We have the same height. I can say he might be a model. Or someone who works in an office.

The rest of the players met me and shook my hand at the end of the shoot. Though I didnt see the woman whom they were talking about. I called my manager.

Where is she?

Yes. Im sorry. Theyve been trying to reach her. Though she wasnt answering her phone. They gave me her number instead. Here let me key it in your phone.

I handed my phone to him. Did you try calling her too?

Yes. Couple of times but just rings.

I see. Well how long do we still need to stay here?

We can actually go. Are you ready?

Yes. Lets go then.

Though on our way out. There were lots of fans who wanted some photos and signs. We stayed with them for some mintues before we get to the van.

I was really pissed that they just let my winner go, just like that. How could they even do that?

I didnt see the woman who bought me the drink while back. Maybe she didnt really finish watching or she was a staff I wouldnt really know. I didnt ask her name anyway.

The day ended like this. When I was alone at home I tried the number. Two rings and a soft sweet hello answered.

🌌🌌🌌