Chapter 8 [In The Moonlight]

They arrive back at his horse and he gets ready to leave. He gets on his horse and Varity follows. He holds onto Darton as he starts to walk through town. Once outside of town, he starts to go faster and Varity holds on tighter. They walk through a forest, moonlight shining through the branches, as the only noise they hear are the hoofs of the horse stomping on the ground. It's silent between the two of them, Darton feels Varity's body pressed against his back. He has that good but weird feeling again, he enjoys her touch. She suddenly feels that Darton is reaching for something in his pocket, she watches him take out a box of cigarettes. Darton hears a sigh from behind him, a sigh of disappointment. He puts the box back immediately. For some reason he doesn't want to make her upset by his smoking. "Why do you smoke?" She asks. "I used to smoke, during the war, to keep my mind off of things." She nods. "Is that why you zoned out when we got our drink together?" He doesn't answer for a moment, then just answers with the same thing he answered before. "Like I said I saw a bug, I'm very scared of bugs." She places her head against his back. "No, I don't think that's it. I don't think you get a panic attack from one single bug, that even I couldn't see. If it was a cockroach, okay I get it, but if it was just a fly I think you should search for help." 

"I uhh... I was day dreaming." He says. "Yeah right, stop lying." She replies to him. It turns silent after that. She looks at the moon. The moon is very big this night, also very bright, the moonlight lit up the dark scary forest. They stay there for a while until Varity starts to yawn. "Hey Darton, I really like this date you set up but I'm getting tired, and I have classes early in the morning, so do you want to go home now?" She asks and Darton nods in reply, he looks pretty upset by what she said. "Darton, I don't dislike the date, nor do I dislike you, I just am really tired and I need my sleep." He wasn't worried by the thought of her disliking the date, he was worried to have to see her leave again. Since he will never know when he will see her again. They get back on the horse and leave the area they were just in. "How fast do you need to be home?" He asks and Varity shrugs. "Doesn't need to be that fast, we can just walk." Darton shakes his head. "Nah, let's be very fast." He says and gallops away, full speed. Varity nearly falls off of the horse but manages to hold on tight. They get back in town very fast, and even there he remains the same speed, racing through the streets. The cold night breeze hits her face and her eyes start to tear up because of that. 

Darton hears sniffing behind him and checks up on her. "Are you okay? Are you cold?" She nods. He takes off his jacket and hands it to her, she puts it on and hugs him tight. They drive back to her house and once they arrived, she hops off, and hands him his jacket back. He looks at her. "Do you want me to walk you back inside?" He asks and she nods. "Do you perhaps want to stay and sleep over again?" She asks, obviously his reply is yes. He gets off and looks around for a place to keep his horse, then uses the bridle to keep him near the tree, the horse enjoys the grass. Varity gets the ladder and places it against the window, they both climb up and once inside she walks to the closet and takes her sleeping clothes. Darton looks around in her room, then looks at Varity who just took her clothes off, he quickly looks away. "Oh my." A small blush forms on his face. Varity looks behind her at Darton. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Next time warn me when you're undressing." She walks to her bed and lays down in it. "Are you going to sleep in just that?" She asks. 

"I don't have anything else." Darton replies and places his jacket on the floor. "Just take your clothes off until you don't feel comfortable taking that piece off." She says. He takes all his clothes off until his underwear. He walks to the bed. Varity looks at him, eyes widened. "Holy shit... You're hot." She says. "No I'm just warm." He replies as he touches his cheeks. "No, I mean it as, you look very attractive, you make me feel hot because of how you look, which is a good thing." He slowly nods, now understanding what she means, he gets in bed with her. "Do you feel anything different near me?" He realises what she's asking for. "Yes. Weird feeling in my stomach." He says and looks at her, Varity is smiling brightly. "Do you think I'm beautiful?" She asks and he takes some time to think of what to say, to really confess to her or to keep it a secret. "Yes." He says quickly. She leans in and kisses his cheek, the pink colour returns on his face. He sighs deeply and looks at her smiling and blushing. "That feels really good when you do that." She lays down. "Well, it also feels really good to do so, you can try it if you'd like." She says and he leans in to kiss her cheek. He kisses her cheek and then lays down, very happy.