19. glue

y/n

"I thought that this might be fun-" Hanji had led us to an aquarium.

that's so unbelievably hanji of you hanji <3

"It's something we've never done together before so- I just thought it would be better to make new memories than revisit old ones," she explained nervously, squeezing my hand.

cute

"Then uh-" I hesitated, watching as groups of people entered the building, "we should get going then right?"

"Right," her eyes lit up as we stepped through the doors.

i bet she secretly wanted to come here herself anyway-

"Where do you want to go first?" She glanced around wildly, "I heard that they have a cool touch tank exhibit right now."

there it is-

"Did you research this before we came??"

"Well- naturally- I mean you left the planning to me I wasn't going to just take you wherever," she responded incredulously.

WAAHHHH

YOU HONESTLY COULD'VE

I WOULD'VE BEEN OK WITH IT

"Then- I'm sure you know everything about this place, lead the way," I gestured to the aquarium ahead of us.

"I think you'll like the touch tanks- come on," she took off pulling me behind her as the two of us wove through groups of people.

i feel three years younger

"This is the reason why I wanted to take you here," Hanji hummed gleefully, the two of us standing over a tank full of hundreds of tiny translucent moon jellyfish.

"Because you wanted to see me wet?" I teased, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"You're obscene Y/N."

"Shut up- you like it that way."

"In your wildest dreams," she rolled her eyes at me, smiling widely.

"You know," I paused, watching as Hanji remained fixated on the tiny white jellyfish, "you're super cute when you're focused like this."

i've always liked it

that's why i like sitting in at science club meetings

you look so in your element

"Stop it- I'll blush," Hanji whined looking away from me."

"It's true! When you're really focused during club activities you always get so excited- it doesn't even matter how mundane the subject is- you always put your entire heart into it."

that's what i love

"It's not like you don't do the same thing," Hanji's brows pinched forward in a quizzical frown.

well-

"Maybe but- you look cuter."

"Unfair," she pouted, "you've never seen yourself do it so shut up."

IT'S WAY DIFFERENT WHEN YOU DO IT

ALSO LIKE ???

WHEN AM I EVER FOCUSED LIKE THAT

"How can someone so cute be so wrong," I sighed dramatically, shaking my head for added emphasis.

"Whatever," Hanji rolled her eyes, leaning over to brush hair out of my face, "should we head to the next exhibit?"

IT'S UNFAIR

WHY DO YOU GET TO BE SO EFFORTLESSLY ATTRACTIVE

i'd forgotten about this-

"Sure," I murmured, still a little bit starstruck as Hanji squeezed my hand pulling me forward.

for the first time in a long time i let it happen

let that warm comforting feeling settle in

let myself be stunned speechless by her countless times

"Y/N? Y/N-- ? You're distracted again," Hanji stuck out her bottom lip in a pout. The two of us sat away from all the crowds, in front of a large tank full of tropical fish- darting in and out of coral reef displays.

"I was just thinking about how much I'm enjoying this," I hummed, leaning my head on her shoulder as we watched clownfish dart in and out of peach colored anemone.

"I was honestly a little worried that you wouldn't," she murmured, playing with her hands in her lap, I reached over- covering them with mine.

"No way- it was super fun," I reassured her, "we should get something from the giftshop on the way out."

we got to catch up- how could that not be enjoyable?

"I was worried that it might be awkward if I prepared something super romantic but now I'm wishing that I had planned a picnic or something," she laughed wistfully.

you really thought all of this out?

"Next time then," I murmured.

"Next time?"

"Wait? Did you not want to do this again?" I sat up abruptly, turning to face her.

"NO OF COURSE I DO-" she shook her head rapidly, "I just didn't think that you would be so eager to-"

NO WAY-

"WHY WOULDN'T I ??"

"I DON'T KNOW ?? BECAUSE AFTER EVERYTHING IT HAS TO BE A LITTLE WEIRD RIGHT ??"

"DO YOU FEEL WEIRD ??"

I DON'T

"NO OF COURSE NOT!"

"WELL I DON'T EITHER-" I was cut off by Hanji's loud laughter.

"We really have to stop assuming things, don't we?"

"Most definitely."

"Then next time we should have a picnic or something," Hanji muttered, moving over a bit so I could comfortably lay on her shoulder again, her fingers lacing with mine.

"I'd like that," I mused, looking up at her. "Hey-"

"Hmm?"

"I'm pretty sure that I love you."

"Only pretty sure?" She beamed, laughing lightly, "I'm hurt Y/N."

"Don't test your luck," I stuck out my tongue at her, rolling my eyes, "I love you."

"That's good," her lips grazed over mine as she spoke, "I'm 'pretty sure' I love you too."

"Idiot."

"Mhmm," she whispered into my lips as they melted together.

i'm 'pretty sure' that there's nothing better than this

____________________

thank you all so much for reading and enjoying glue! ill probably be taking a short break but i have ideas for another ymir fic so look forward to that.

(publishing a bit early bc i might not have connection)

as always i love you guys sm n hope that you're doing well <3

- ami