The Date

-------------
word count: 1806
-------------

Y/N Pov:

Sandalwood. Sandalwood, dirt, and cinnamon. These scents are the first to greet me as I wake up. That, and someone's warm breath lightly brushing against my cheek. Whoever it is, they're close, close enough for me to practically feel their heat radiate off their body.

It takes slight effort, but I slowly open my eyes to see rosy cheeks and perfectly placed light freckles two inches away from me, and then I remember. I was supposed to be going over Transfiguration notes with Neville. I must've fallen asleep. I don't blame myself, this was my fifth year at Hogwarts and the OWLs were coming up and I have been worried shitless. I really do not want to fail so I have been studying every chance I get; which explains the lack of sleep.

The beautiful face in front of me let out a small sigh as his eyes flutter open and I realize I have been staring at him this entire time. I quickly snap my eyes shut and allow him to wake up on his own.

"Shit." I hear him angrily mutter and suddenly sit up in the bed, causing me to move a little but I stayed determined to keep my act up.

"Shit. Shit. Shit... shit..." his voice softens at his last swear.

Neville's Pov:

I wake up. I wake up. When did I fall asleep? I was supposed to help y/n study with her Transfiguration notes. How long was I asleep for? Did I keep her waiting?

"Shit." I really hope I didn't. I sit up in the bed.

"Shit. Shit. Shit..." I see loose papers and quills. Then again, when I sat up, there was a little bit of resistance on the bed. I look over to my left to see her.

"Shit..."

I let my shoulders relax as I saw her face. Her perfectly toned skin, carved out jawline. And such kiss- what am I doing?? I let out a sigh as I remember what led up to this moment now.

She did in fact come over to study but she fell asleep as I was reading the section on dangerous transfiguration and how to prevent it. Who knows how long she had been asleep for before I noticed. All I know is that I didn't have the heart to wake her. Studying in the library is better, less chances to fall asleep. But then again she did look like she needed it.

I opened my curtains to the small window outside only to see the sun setting. Seeing as we began studying at noon, I assumed we had been sleeping for a while.

I lowered my hand onto her back and started to lightly rub her back to wake her up. She made a small scrunch on her nose and furrowed her eyebrows as she woke up. I chuckled a little but continued to rub her back.

"Good evening, sunshine." I whispered softly. She gave me a small groan in reply, which caused me to chuckle a little more before she paused.

"Don't you mean good afternoon Nev?"

I give her a small smile. "Nope, hey if you get up now you can see the sun set."

"What???" She practically jumps up and reaches across the bed to open the curtains.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." She hops out of the bed and starts to put on her shoes and grabs her quill and notes.

"Hey, it's okay. Breathe for a sec. You just overslept that's all. We can finish the notes another time if it really means that much to you."

"No that's not it Nev. I had a date with Seamus at 5!"

Shit.

"I love you Nev, and thank you for helping me study but I really gotta go." She leans over the bed, gives me a quick peck on the cheek, and runs out of the room without giving me a second glance.