Prologue

"Ahhh!"  A loud, echoing screech creeping its way through the octaves flooded my surroundings and immediately took over my senses.

The indecipherable sound filled my ears as I felt the stickiness of a million sweaty bodies that brushed against my skin all at once.  Beautiful plumes of smoke swirling in front of a billion lights colored wonderful hues of plum and cerulean concealed my vision from the view in front of me.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

I felt the vibrations of a heavy drum through the soles in my worn down boots.  From somewhere far above me, a warm, swift breeze floated in between the strands of my long hair, tugging lightly at my scalp.  It made me shiver against the sweat clinging to my skin between the thin layers of cloth covering me.

A woman screamed at the top of her lungs next to me.  It was blood-curdling.  However, not from fear.  She seemed joyous as I felt her clutch onto my arm just above the elbow.

Dirnt.

Dirnt.

Dirnt.

A steady bassline matched the beat of the drum.  My eyes stung from the hazy atmosphere.  I let them flutter closed as my fingertips tapped along to the beat against my bare thigh.  The crisp sound of steel strings being plucked against the solid body of a guitar joined the other musical sounds as the voice came roaring back to life.

"No stoppin' at the red light girl cause I wanna get you said now,
no goin' at the green light girl cause I wanna be with you now.
You are my special, you are my special
You are my midnight, midnight yeah!"* The voice sang out before me while the thick screen of smoke masked the scene in front of me.