Prologue

Deep in the marsh lands of the Jura Forest, there rested a murky and deep lake. Weirdly, it had a purplish-blue glow to it  as it slowly grew bright before something came rushing out of the water and landed with a large crash near the shore. Underfoot of this being was a large crater that water rushed to fill. Stepping out of the newly formed extension, this creature was met with a beautiful woman that had green hair and eyes.

"It's good to see you grandfather." She said, revealing a dazzling smile.

The large creature revealed to be a man standing at 8 feet tall, his unruly and long black ran down his back where there were 3 rows of jagged dorsal fins that end at the end of his thick reptilian tail. His light brown skin was covered in patches of blackish-grey scales. Under the surface was the same purplish-blue glow that shot out of the lake, seeming most prominent in his chest, throat, and eyes.

"It's good to see you too, little sapling." He said, his voice deep and sounding as if mountains were shifting.

"Grandfather, I'm too old to be called that now." The girl said, pouting.

Sighing, he put his hand on her head and gently rubbed.

"I thought I told you not to be formal with me and besides, you'll always be little to me." He said, smiling.

"That's just because you're old grampy." She mumbled.

"So it seems. Now, what's this about an orc lord? And where's Veldora?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Just come with me and everything will be explained." She said, smiling.

——————

Before Rimiru and the monsters stood a dryad, stunning everyone into silence. What surprised everyone even more was the giant man behind her, radiating pure and imaginable energy.

"Hello, I am Treyni." The dryad said, bowing respectfully. "Please introduce yourself grandfather." She added, looking up from her bow as everyone followed her eyes to see the giant man crouching in front of Rimiru.

"AAHHHHH!!!" Rimiru shouted in surprise, before being silenced by the mans hand as everyone immediately sprung to attack.

Well, they would have if he didn't release a completely domineering aura that made them all freeze. His eyes seemed to glow brighter as he glared into Rimiru's soul.

"I am the ruler of monsters, father of all things reptilian, and the Apex predator of this world." He growled, removing his hand. "You may call me Apex."

Everyone immediately felt their spines straighten and their blood run cold. Apex was known as the one being you don't mess with when he's awake. If he's merciful, only a city will be in ruins. if he's angry, a country. But if he's absolutely livid, then he might just reset the continent like he did in the stories if they're true. Then they all realized something.

"APEX IS YOUR GRANDFATHER?!" Kaijin shouted, looking at Treyni in surprise.

"Yes, grampy took us in when he moved here after veldora was sealed." Treyni said, smiling.

"Grampy?" Rimiru questioned, getting Apex to huff a little out of embarrassment.

"Yes, we called him that when we were little because he was like a grumpy grandfather." Treyni said, giggling.

"Why did he move here when Veldora was sealed?" Shuna asked, having raised her hand slightly.

"That bumbling idiot is my son." Apex grumbled, shocking everyone.

——————

Standing on a hill overlooking the developing village, Apex and Rimiru stood next to each other and watched everyone going about their business.

'Why is my son in your stomach?" Apex asked telepathically, surprising Rimiru.

'I'm trying to help him break free.' Rimiru replied after a moment.

'I'm guessing it's your skill Great Sage analyzing the barrier from the outside while he does it inside.' Apex hypothesized.

'How did you know?' Rimiru asked, looking at him in surprise.

'I scanned your soul and the skills imprinted upon it.' He replied.

'Then does that mean-'

'I know, but I won't say anything. Mostly out of respect for your previous life's actions in your final moments.'

'Thank you.' Rimiru said, smiling slightly.

'Thank you for being a friend my son can trust, and for dealing with his antics.' Apex replied grumbling.

'I want to ask you something grampy.' Rimiru said, snickering a little.

'1. The only reason I don't strike you down is because you're a monster now. 2. Go ahead kid.' Apex growled.

'Can't you simply break Veldora out with your strength?' Rimiru asked, sweating a bit.

'The idiot has to learn from his mistakes, and he can't very well do that if I keep covering his ass.' Apex answered, sighing through his nose.

'How many times-'

'19.' He interrupted, massaging his forehead.

'Why?!' Rimiru mentally shouted.

'I gave him and his three siblings 5 saves each until they were strong enough, but the moment I saw him I knew he'd be trouble so I gave 15 more. I'm saving the last for when he will truly die.' He replied, crossing his arms.

'Wait,I'm technically Veldora's brother now right?' Rimiru thought.

'Yes...'

'That makes me your son by technicality right?' Rimiru thought excitedly, his eyes shining.

'....correct.'

"DOES THAT MEAN I GET 5 SAVES?!" Rimiru exclaimed, no longer able to contain his excitement within his mind.

Immediately, Ranga jumped out of his shadow ready to fight. The kijin all surrounded the two, and the goblin riders all formed an extra perimeter around them. Meanwhile, Treyni simply appeared beside them from a small sapling in the ground.

"Is everything all right lord Rimiru? We heard shouting!" Benimaru asked, looking around for any threats.

"No, I got excited because it seems I'm now the 5th child of Apex!" Rimiru explained, his face red with embarrassment.

"That's great news lord Rimiru! I knew you were amazing!" Shion shouted, her (ahem) assets bouncing almost as much as her excitement.

"Does that mean he gets 5 saves as well grampy?" Treyni asked, smiling.

"Oh?" Hakirou hummed, rubbing his beard.

"That would be very interesting. While Lord Rimiru is strong, you never know what challenges he might face." Benimaru said, holding his chin in thought.

"At this point I'm not trying to hear anymore commentary. Since you're illegitimate and you were recognized by Veldora of all people, I'm taking two off." Apex replies, bringing down his thumb and pinky finger as emphasis.

"I'll take it!" Rimiru shouted, his eyes shining.

Huffing some smoke out of his nostrils, apex turned away to hide a small smile on his face as he looked past the village and towards the horizon.

'Veldora, you may be my dumbest child. But you were the one who listened most. I always wanted another kid after all.' He thought, looking out over the developing village.

—————