Part 14

You got back from your job in a daze. After your encounter with Gene, you all but practically ran out of the salon, intent on getting home and telling Paul.

You got home and saw that the house was doused in darkness.

So he's not home great. You thought as you went inside, locking the door behind you, even though now that wouldn't stop any of them from coming in. And the sage that you had bought in bulk wasn't going to help anymore.

You put your bag on the hook, and slipped off your shoes, finally feeling the extent of the stress hit you. You hurt everywhere.

You went into the bathroom, starting the hot water to take a bath instead. Stripped yourself of your clothes and threw in some bath salts that were supposed to make you calmer, and tonight was going to be the test of them.

Cause you felt your nonexistent anxiety before Paul showed up wouldn't stop rearing its ugly head.

You took a breathe, as you stepped into the bath, sighing as the warm water went straight to your aching muscles.

You were submerging your head under the water, as you looked up in the water, used to just seeing the ceiling of the shower. But you saw a figure standing next to the bathtub.

You came up with a gasp, your mind only assuming that it was Gene.

"Hey y/n," Paul said as he smiled at you from where he was standing at the side of the tub as you sighed in relief as you smacked his leg with your wet hand.

"Don't do that you scared me! I thought you were Gene." You said, as you looked up at him, and saw a dark stain on the front of his shirt, then looked at his face, that seemed unmarred, except for the slight smudge of blood over his lips.

"What the hell happened?" You asked as he licked his lips and then looked down at his shirt.

"Oh, that's not mine. But good news, I found a blood bank nearby. So no more snatching people off the street." He slurred, as he smiled proudly as if that little detail was supposed to make you feel better.

He started taking off his shirt and toed off his shoes as he undid the button and zipper of his jeans, pulling them down, and then bending down to take them off all the way, and in the process loosing his balance, as he laughed.

"You're drunk. Great." You said, as you submerged yourself again in the water and popped back up, just as his hand was on your shoulder.

"Care to share?" he asked, as you moved up as he joined you in the bath, as he pulled you back against his chest.

"So all you did was drink, and well drink." You said, as you turned your face to look at him, as he turned you away to have your head looking straight away as you heard him opening a bottle.

"Yes, what did you expect me to do with them?" he asked as you felt his hands start working the shampoo through your hair, as you fought the urge to close your eyes at his fingers massaging your scalp.

"I don't know, not come back for one, and to destroy things like you said you would." You said as Paul chuckled.

"Why wouldn't I come back? I like being here with you. Which makes my very early decisions that I was making without knowing you kinda not going to happen." Paul said as you turned your face to look at him.

"What? I thought the whole destroying the world and creating chaos was the whole point of getting out and being well you again," you said, not understanding, as you turned around in the bath fully to look at him.

And he had a smile on his face, as he caressed your face.

"I guess you aren't getting it. Silly human, why would I want to destroy a place where you are? When I love you." He said as you looked at him.

Thinking that in just a second he would say something else to make that last statement false. Because you didn't think he could even express that since he was a demon.

He stayed silent, as you processed this new information. As his hand was still on your face, looking into your eyes, as his other hand came up to the other side of your face.

"I'm serious y/n. I love you. I didn't think that this would happen but I love you. I'm going to stay with you, protect you from anything. I promised you that." He said as you smiled.

"Silly demon, I'm glad you stayed. Because I love you too." You said as you kissed him, as your hands when to his dark hair, as his hands left your face and went to your sides, fingertips moving up and down your sides, as you pulled away from the kiss, as you started laughing.

"Stop tickling me," you said, as he looked at you with a smile, continuing the sensation across your skin, as you continued laughing.

"Why? I like hearing you laugh," he said, as he stopped, as he pulled you to him, his head resting against your neck kissing it.

"You know I think by now we would be having sex." You admitted as you leaned into the embrace.

"Sometimes you don't need to." Paul murmured, as you smiled, trailing your fingers, up and down his arms, content to just stay in the bath like this.

Until the shampoo that had been in your hair, finally got in your eyes that it.

"Damnit!" You shouted, as you pulled out of the embrace, as you went to try and splash water in your eyes, as Paul started laughing.

"Hey, don't laugh or I'll put soap in your eyes." You said as you turned back and saw a look on his face.

"Oh really? You think you're going to be able to get me in the eye?" he challenged, as you narrowed your eyes.

"I think I have great aim, so yes." You said as you gathered some of the suds that were in the bath, flinging some at him, right in the face.

You moved to the opposite side of the bathtub, as you watched him wipe the soap suds from his face, as he narrowed his eyes at you, as you smiled.

"Told you I had good aim." You said, as you felt his hands go around your ankles, not giving you any time to react, as you were pulled to him, and your face was covered in suds, as he smashed them into your face, as he laughed, helping you get the suds off your face.

Then you felt his lips against your ankle since he was still holding you by your ankles in one hand, moving your legs to rest against his shoulders.

The playful atmosphere changed in an instant, as you looked back at him, as he continued kissing up to your leg, as your breathing changed, getting shallower.

Paul stopped his descent as he looked at you.

"I think we are both in agreement. We should get out of this tub before the water gets too cold," he said, as he moved your legs to wrap around his waist, as he got up with you wrapped around him.

--

You laid wrapped around Paul, blankets surrounding you on your bed.

"You know Gene showed up at my work today." You said, wanting to let him know, as you looked at him, as his peaceful face turned to anger.

"He didn't do anything. But it freaked me out. He knew that you told me about your past. Said that I needed to get the whole story." You said as he pulled you closer to him.

"He's not going to do anything to you. I won't let him. I promise." He said, as he tilted your head to look up at him, as he kissed you gently.