Chapter 1

*Alex's POV

I groaned as I heard that dreadful sound I hate hearing, my alarm clock. I rub my eyes slowly and bang my hand against the clock to stop that annoying beep. I hate waking up at 6:00. It's awful. I love sleeping, if I could do it instead of going to school, you'd find me in my room and on my bed, 24/7.

I grabbed my pony tail holder from the bedside table, putting my hair up into a messy bun as I walked into the bathroom. I let the hot water run down my shoulders as my eyes were closed, trying to wake myself up. I ran my hands over my eyelids as I felt some of the water get into my eyes. I finally felt myself waking up and I finished washing up my face and my body. I turned off the shower, grabbing my towel, and drying myself off.

My cousin, Ryan walked in as I was drying myself off. I jumped up lightly as I widened my eyes, "RYAN! GET OUT!" I yelled as I ran to the door and tried to close it, but he beat me to it and I went to the ground and I fell. I laughed and rubbed my head, standing to my feet and walking over to my room. I took the picture frame that's on my dresser, kissing it lightly as I mumbled, "I miss you, dad.." I sighed lightly and walked over to my closet, putting on some lotion and some body spray, following some underwear and a bra. I plugged in my phone to my speaker, turning on my favorite song to get ready to, 'How 'Bout Now? by Drake' I like rap music. A lot actually. It's weird because you'd never think a girl like me would like that kind of music, but I actually love it.

I picked out a burgundy skater skirt with some black tights underneath, a white crop top that wasn't to short, and some black combat boots. I walked over to my bathroom again, turning on my curling wand and hummed to the music as I did light makeup. The usual, mascara, little bit of eyeshadow, eyeliner, and some lip gloss. I don't really use makeup, because I don't like it. My curling wand was finally hot and I did light curls to the ends of my hair.

When I was finished getting ready, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled lightly. I walked downstairs, grabbing my backpack, and walking over to the kitchen where my aunt and Ryan were eating breakfast. Ryan is 16 and I have to take him to school with me. I don't mind, he's not that annoying. Only when he wants to be. I sat down with them and ate some toast and eggs. With a mouth full of eggs, Ryan said,

"Good morning, Alex. Sorry for opening the door this morning. I was half asleep and I didn't mea-"

I cut him off

"It's okay, Ry. You didn't mean to. I understand. And good morning, Aunt Rachel."

She smiled and finished chewing her eggs,

"Good morning, sweetheart. Sleep well?"

I shrugged and played with my eggs with my fork,

"Eh. I didn't wanna get up. But that's okay. I'm almost done with school."

She nodded and mumbled lightly under her breath, but I heard it,

"Your mother called yesterday while you we shopping with Carly."

My eyes widened and I rolled my eyes and clenched up my jaw,

"Tell her I was clear 7 years ago. I don't wanna speak to her ever again." I grabbed my plate, giving my scraps to my dog, Finn. I kissed my aunts cheek, grabbing Ryan's arm,

"Bye Aunt Rachel. We gotta go or we'll be late again." She laughed and nodded as she kissed both of our cheeks and handed my me keys

"Bye kiddos. Have a good day. Stay out of trouble, Ryan!" I laughed and watched Ryan grab his skateboard and nod

"Okay mom. I will." I raised my eyebrow and looked at him.

"You don't want a ride?" He shook his head

"No. I'm meeting Nash at his house. We're riding our skateboards to school." I nodded and walked outside, noticing a tall, tan muscular boy across the street. He had no shirt and I couldn't help but stare. He slid on his shirt and looked over at me, with a grin. I blushed and turned away, getting into my car and driving off to school, thinking about the shirtless boy as I drove.