Chapter one (patrol)

"Hey Raven you're on the territory patrol!" A sour voice called. "Coming Cobra." I barked out the mouth of the dimly lit cave. Each pack member got their own cave. The cave was only big enough for three full grown wolves to sit comfortably. 

I trotted out of my cave sniffing the air. The hunters had come back and dropped their kills in the prey cave. My belly growled. "Raven why are you still over there? Come on!" Cobra called more harshly. "Calm down Cobra!" I ruffled my black feathered wings in annoyance. I ran to the rest of the patrol that was waiting at the tunnel entrance that led to the outside of our hallow. "Took you long enough." Cobra muttered. 

Stalk, My best friend, gave me a concerned look. Stalk had a dark brown pelt with light brown spots on his legs. He had white patches around his eyes and brought green eyes. He was thin and he didn't have any fluff on him.

"Lest head out guys." Cobra was a pale brown wolf. She had a black diamond pattern on her back. Her mash was ...well...a cobra. Her fangs had venom all over them like a real cobra. "We'll head towards the hills first. Trunk, a dark gray she-wolf with amber eyes, decided.

 The other members turned to me expectedly. "What?" I asked confused for a moment. Then I realized they wanted me to fly ahead. "Oh right. Sure." I said as I flaked my wings once, twice, three times before I got off the ground. I hovered a tail length off the ground for a moment, steadying myself, before I flew north...Towards the hills.

My first ever book! I hope you liked it. I'm hoping to make the chapters longer in the future!