Survive

Chara decided that they did not believe in Gods.

If Gods existed he would have been born the girl they'd needed.

Also why follow a Luck god, luck was fickle and could go bad in seconds.

They sat on the side of the mountain, shielded from the sun and wind by a large pine tree.

Earlier today they'd found some wild veggies, caught a fish is a small mountain pond and had them baking in clay in a cave he'd found.

It was far from perfect, but he was surviving for now.

Yet he worried, it was still early spring which meant new growth. But in some months winter would come, now that he wasn't looking forward to.

That meant supplies, food, a better shelter and warmer clothing.

His hands tightened around the tree he was against, his lips tight in frustrations.

Things like this he had never planned for, after all...

What six year old was?

-----

"Ew ew ew ew......." Chara whined.

He had discovered one of the ages long truths for living in the wild, don't leave your food remains out.

Wild animals would eat them.

Then shit all over everything.

"Ewwwwwww...."

------

"Yeah! You better run!" Chara screamed as the bear ambled off as he sat in one of the many ponds on the mountain soaking wet, Charas dinner in its mouth.

A sound caught his attention, baleful red eyes stared at a racoon who was chattering towards him in a certain way.

"Great... now 'coons are laughing at me," he grumbled.

"Next time bear..." Chara scowled.