Part 1

Author's P.O.V
__ __ __

Vesemir smirks at the sight of the huge castle in front of him and goes forward with his horse.
He gets off his horse and pulls out the full bag of money he earned when killing the leshen. "Lord Vesemir, my new best friend." A man says with red-pink hair.

"Crossed a leshen on my way here." Vesemir says holding up the bag of money. "So we've heard. Meanwhile, I barley made enough this year to score a night with a limp-pricked man-whore." The man named Luke groans.

"Your woes break me, Luka." Vesemir puts a hand on his shoulder in a sign of small comfort. They both walk up to a man pulling out children mainly boys from a cart. "Then we've got Sven here bringing back new recruits. Bad enough we're putting ourselves out of business with every monster we kill. Now there'll be even more of us." Luka says with furrowed eyebrows.

Sven grunts. "Not my fault people make more kids than coin." He starts walking towards the two men. "Also, short a man-whore? Go fuck yourself."

Luka bends down to his height with a smirk. "Aren't you 'short' everything?" Vesemir walks between the two setting an arm on both their shoulders and walk forward. "Boys, monsters will fuck through the winter. Then comes spring. There'll be jobs from here to Nazair. Until then, I say we perk up, drink up, and you two focus on breaking these brats into the world of witchering.'' They go to walk in the castle but stop when they hear murmurs behind them.

A stranger on a horse emerges from the fog that's clouding over everything. They take their horse to a stand and tie the rope so it won't go loose, they bring down their hood that was covering their face to show a woman.

The men all smirk and chuckle talking about how beautiful she is while she ignores them and puts stuff away. Vesemir looks in awe at her. "Would you look at that." Sven says with raised eyebrows. The three men look to see you pull out two full bags of money and tie them to your waist. "First woman to be a Witcher. Gets the job done pretty fast." Sven crosses his arms.
"Y/n L/n, one hell of a badass Witcher. Stone cold attitude, doesn't talk to anyone and is able to find and kill more monsters than us. And is one hell of a gorgeous lady." Luka says with a smirk. "Might wanna pipe it down unless you want some enemies that aren't monsters." Sven grunts as he looks towards some men glaring at Luka seeing another rival to gain your attention.

Vesemir smirks and turns towards his friends. "Think she'll make some conversation?" He states as his friends look at him with a wide eyed look. "What?! Are you crazy?" Luka says as Sven sighs and rolls his eyes.

Vesemir looks back towards you seeing you pat your horse and walk towards his direction. "Why hello beautiful, tough finds this year?"

He says putting his hands on his hips. You stop walking and look towards him turning your head. "Yes. Though not as bad as last year." You say with half-lidded eyes looking at the bags.
Vesemir and the guys almost choke at the sound of your voice not having heard it before in such a long time. Except with the exception of Vesemir, though it may have been a long time since he's last heard it.

Since you first came here you never really talked to anyone unless your helping each other. Vesemir gives a soft smirk. "Well, let's hope it's good now that it is gonna be spring soon." Y/n looks down at the boys who were looking at her with a small blush.

She brings up her hand and ruffles a blond ones hair with a soft chuckle and a first time ever small smile on your normally cold and stoic face. "Yes, Vesemir. Let's hope." You walk away leaving the guys and boys blushing staring at your back. "I think I'm in love." Vesemir says as the other guys laugh at him.

__ __

'Witchers are rogues without virtue. True diabolical creatures, fit only for killing.
There is no place amidst honest men for them.'