Chpt.1

When I woke up in a different bed in a different house, I freaked out.

"What the....."I screamed "how did I get here" I said, expecting no answer. My hair was for some reason not messed up at all, and still brunette as always.

I looked around the room; it had 4 white walls, one door on the right, and one window on the left, covered by a white curtain. In the middle of the room there was a white king sized bed, which I was now sitting on. Straight across from the bed there was a small, white closet, and an average sized, white desk next to it, with a few drawers. On the desk there were two pencils, two pens, and a notebook.

I then decided to stand up, I walked towards the window, which caught my interest, and curiosity of where I was and what's out there. I moved the curtain to my right. Outside I saw a huge oak tree on my left, which was surrounded by a grass field, not too small not too big. The field was surrounded by a red rose bush, such a kind of red, almost the color of blood. The bushes where also surrounding the two story house I was in. In the middle of the yard there was a small path, made from red bricks. This led from a door down stairs to a small gate in the middle of a rose bush. There were many houses just like the one I was in throughout the street. Each one of them had white walls, with not a single smear on them, the only difference was that all the houses were surrounded by different types of flowers; one by daisies, another by lavender, and another by tulips, I guess that worked like house numbers.

All of a sudden a loud bell rang throughout the streets. I pressed my hand palms against my ears, trying to ignore the shrieking sound. All of a sudden, when the bell stopped, doors all over the street where opening, many people walked out of the houses filling up the streets. Then a huge white bus drives up, stopping in the middle of the street on a huge B mark.

I suddenly, slowly took a few steps back from the window. Just so I can try to remember where I am and realize what is going on. I couldn't remember a thing, plainly nothing, except for my name and age.

'"Okay let's go through this" I said, talking to myself, "my name is Maddie, and I am 16 years old, anything else?"

but nothing else went up in me and I stepped towards the window again, and looked towards my left. There was another house, and it was fenced my some really light blue colored, flower bush, it was as blue as the sky. The door of the house opened, and a girl walked out of the house, she was maybe around the age of 12. The girl had long wavy hair, and it was light tint of brown, almost blonde; it almost reached halfway her back. A boy followed her out the door way, he had a short hair cut, and it had a dark brown color, I guessed that they where family, they looked a little bit alike. He seemed to be about my age, maybe a little older. All of a sudden, the boy looked up at my window. I kind of got scared, and jumped back, It was a weird reaction, and it was weird that I got scared. I walked to the window again, and the boy and the girl where gone. I still heard doors opening and closing, throughout the street, but with all the people that walked out of those houses, there were three things in common. One of the things they had in common was that they were all wearing the exact same thing; white jeans with a white belt, a white shirt, and white sneakers. The second thing was that everyone had the same confused expression; I guess that everyone was in the same situation that I was in. The last thing was that I noticed something on everyone's wrist. I looked on my own wrist and saw some kind of tattoo, the tattoo was a code it seemed as if everyone had a different code, mine was; A205

I decided to follow the others, so I started walking towards the door, on the opposite side of the room. When I opened the door, there were three other rooms besides mine in the long narrow hallway, but the room opposite of mine, had a door that was wide open, different from the other two, who's doors where closed. The room looked exactly like the one I just stepped out of. The bed in that room looked unmade, was someone else in this building too? There was another room next to the one I just stepped out of, again another bedroom, but this one's door was closed, and nobody seemed to have been there, just like the fourth room. There was one thing going through my head at the moment beside the part that I was wondering where I am, the fact that someone else had been here. Would they know where I was?