Chapter 1

Drake's POV

I was always told to be frightened of the transition from Primary to Secondary school. I would always get told that the homework that I would receive would pile taller then I was and that I should be scared of getting my head flushed down the toilet like what you would see in one of those old drama movies.

Turns out all this was just a load of crap. Here I am currently in year 9 of secondary school and I get next to no homework at all; also turns out that I never even, so much as once, got threatened to have my head flushed.

The only difficult thing I found and still find in school is the fact that not everyone is bright roses; ready to talk and be your friend.

Well that's enough about my dark, horrible and boring life story; now I guess I'd better introduce myself personally.

My name is Drake and unfortunately I am only 15. I am also not the richest kid you'll meet and I am certainly not the smartest.

I attend West Calvin High and I'm in year 9 studying the basic subjects that anyone my age would be doing along with music and photography.

Unfortunately I'm in music right now about to do a recording of myself and my group. We had to choose a song and do a cover for it.

I guess the only good thing that came out of it a part from nerves and guitar playing was the fact that I had to listen back to it in front of the entirety of my class.

Kierr's POV

'Hey Drake!' I yelled across the room wary of the teachers actions.

'Yeah what?' He replies acting as if he wasn't awake.

'Ready to do the recording yet?!' 

'Well I would be if Ash would get of his ass to finish learning the last part of our song'  He laughed.

'Oh okay, well in that case maybe me you and mea could jump on stage? Ash is a secondary guitarist and we can swap between you both, and get him recorded sometime next week?!'

'Yeah alright, that's a good idea'

Meanwhile the teacher was over micing the stage ready for the first groups performance.

Everyone seems really nervous. As I look across the big open music classroom I find and admire the musical posters that should help with 'flats' and 'sharps' but really just make it more confusing.

I get up out of my seat and head up to watch the teacher mic and get the mixing board up to scratch for my performance.

I gaze at the sight of a gazillion different diles that all did the same thing. Well at least I think they all do the same thing.

Drakes POV

After explaining myself to Kierr, one of my best mates, I decide to grab a guitar and head for the back practice room while I wait.

The guitar is a nylon string classic acoustic.

As I head over to get some last minute practice in the teacher yells at me 'Drake! is your group ready to record? I'm all set up for the first groups recording' 

I nod my head. Unsure of what I should expect.

As I sit on stage ready to do the sound check my teacher puts a low mic really low and close to my guitar.

As if the nerves I had before weren't enough.

We complete the soundcheck and begin to play.

Me, Kierr and Mea.

Mea is a really good pionaist and I admire what she does in and outside of our music class.

Kierr is a guitarist as well. Only his is a steel string electric.

Our teacher queues us in ready to record.

We begin to play our song.

After what seemed to be a very painful performance after stuffing up and getting myself back into it a couple of times I get off stage to see that class cheering for our group.

Our teacher was placing the recording onto his computer and we waited to hear it.

After a long wait he finally got it to work so that we could listen to ourselves and pick up on any mistakes we did. Which I already know I did quite a few of.

I listened carefully at what seemed like a really bad performance and recording but the rest of the class seemed to think that it was good.

They came up to me and the rest of the group and congratulated us like we had just won x-factor or something.

The bell goes and I head outside for our period three break.

I approach Kierr ' That was a great recording bro!' I yelled at him without realising it.

'Yeah, the best!' he laughs.

After having what seemed a really short recess I head up to my building.

The teachers up there were frantically trying to get all the students out of the building and to class.

I opened my combination lock and opened my locker. 

I got my stuff what what would have been period 4 of 8.

As I turn around I see Mea. My heart racing, unsure of what to say to her.

She approaches me carefully knowing that I was nervous to talk to her. 

--------------------Extremely Short Chapter 1------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it!!

I know a few of you were pretty keen to give this a read.

Note: This is still under editing and I am attempting to get it a cover but haven't recieved any private messages from the cover makers over in the multimedia club.

I published today to get an idea of how long this chapter is and to give you guys a taste of what I can do.

This book I will be taking quite seriously so I hope you enjoyed!!

Please vote! Comment! And Share!

Shadow_Hazard