🥀Chapter Five🥀

*A week later*

Vanessa

"Why is the couch like that?", I asked Devin when I noticed a pile of clothes mainly suits scattered all over it.

"I'm going to a party tonight, Julia said I should invite you but she wasn't sure whether or not you'd accept", he replied before digging through the clothes perhaps looking for something specific.

"I'm not interested in going to any party", was my reply before taking a seat.

It will be full of rich and cocky people who thinks they're on top of the world because they got it all. If I was rich, I can't deny that I won't feel as good as them but it's also good to be humble. How much of them helped the poor? I'm not a saint - we're only human and eventually one day we will all die leaving all our riches behind, so why not share it and let the poor feel as good?

"I had a feeling you would say no. Is it because you don't like Julia? Or me perhaps? Or you just don't want to get too involved with us?"

"I didn't say I didn't like anyone. I just don't want to be around rich people who will only get on my nerves. And besides I don't even understand why she would invite me - I'm no one and I don't have anything spectacular to wear and there was no way, I'm going to party and looking like filth".

He shook his head before taking up a blue suit that was in a clear bag.

"Let me tell you what ; you help me find the perfect suit, and I'll get you a dress and perhaps some accessories as well. Julia is inviting you to a party that not many persons have been to and you shouldn't turn it down. She wouldn't have invited you if she didn't want you there".

I groaned deeply in my mind. I didn't want to go ; but what did I have to lose? Perhaps my sanity while being around so much rich people. I saw him take up a plaid suit that I didn't think would fit well at a night party.

"I don't think that suit will fit well, perhaps you should try the black one with the bow tie".

"You're right, I'll be right back".

He was sure as hell rich. Most of the clothes brands were either Armani, Versace or Gucci. I don't even think I've ever worn those brands before. He came back a few minutes later looking good. The suit fitted him well even thou there wasn't any contrast between his complexion and it.

"What's your fashion style?", he asked holding up his phone to take a pic.

"Cheap, comfy, seasonal and wearable", I replied without a second thought.

He walked off and came back a few minutes later dressed in his original clothes.

"Ok, let's go"

>>>>>

"This place looks...expensive", I say looking at the three storey building called Diva Davina. I exited the car along with Devin and I following him inside. I stayed behind him keeping my hands in my coat pockets. The inside was spectacular and packed with people shopping to their heart's content.

"I'm going to talk to a friend, find something nice to wear", he said before going over to a woman who was checking some clothes on a rack. I turned away and sighed. I wasn't use to shopping at luxurious stores.

I saw a sign a few inches away from me and after reading it I found out that the fancy dresses were on the second floor. I made my way to the escalator without telling Devin ; he doesn't look like he wanted to be disturbed.

The second floor was even more gorgeous than the first. Their were a few collection pieces to the side thst were on sale and I noticed the discount percentages.