The Shining Beacon

Ruby and Yang: (as they take in the entirety of Beacon Academy) "Wow..."

Ruby POV

Yang: "The view from got nothing on this!"

Ruby: (getting so excited she becomes a 2-D, starry-eyed, floating chibi) "Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!" (she tries getting closer, but Yang pulls her sister by the hood back into realistic proportions) "Ow! Ooww!"

Yang: "Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!"

Ruby: "'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!"

Yang: "Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby: (transforming her weapon into its scythe form) "Of course I'm happy with ! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better..."

Yang: (playfully pushing her sister's hood down over her face) "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?"

Ruby: (taking off her hood) "But... why would I need friends if I have you ?"

Yang: "Well..." (in a flash, a group of other students surround Yang and they all dash down the road) "Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!"

Ruby: (spinning and dizzy-eyed from Yang's sudden leaving) "Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms?" (stopping for a moment, still reeling) "I don't know what I'm doing..."

Y/n Pov

After leaving the bullhead I saw a boy with the same hair color as me

Me:  hey I think you might needs this ( hands vomit boy motion sickness meds)

Vomit Boy: Thank you really needed this

Me:  no problem vomit boy.

Jaune My name is Jaune arc Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!

Jaune:  My name is Jaune arc Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!

Me: do they

( Hears an explosion)

Me:  huh!? whats happening over there?

Ruby Pov

Me: I promise I'll make this up to you!" (sighs) "I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day... So, what's...Welcome to Beacon.

???: Hey ruby you OK.

Me: huh?

Y/n: aren't you supposed to be inside beacon

Jaune: Y/n how can you run so fast ( barely out of breath)

Y/n: it was part of my training that i do.

Jaune: (holding out his hand) "Hey... I'm Jaune."

Ruby: (taking his hand) "Ruby." (stands up) "Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?"

Beacon inside the walls are filled with scenic trees, arching architecture, and a winding road alongside a river, down which Ruby and Jaune are walking.

Jaune: "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!"

Ruby: (laughing) "Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind."

Jaune: "Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?"

Ruby: "Hey, that explosion was an accident!"

Jaune: "Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!"

Ruby: (skeptic) "Do they?"

Y/n: That's what I ask.

Jaune: "They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind."

Ruby: (giggles before a short, awkward silence falls) "So... I got this thing!" (she pulls out Crescent Rose and stabs it into the ground)

Jaune: "Whoa! Is that a scythe?"

Ruby: "It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!"

Jaune: "A-wha...?"

Ruby & Y/n: (cocks it, smiling) "It's also a gun."

Jaune: "Oh. That's cool!"

Ruby: "So what've you got?"

Jaune: "Oh! I, uh..." (unsheathes a blade) "I got this !"

Ruby: "Ooooohh!"

Jaune: "Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!" (he gets his scabbard, raises his arm and expands the metal into his defense)

Ruby: (touching the shield) "So, what do they do?"

Jaune: (fumbling with the shield as it retracts off his arm, expands, and retracts again before putting it back in place and finally shrinking it down for good, placing it on his belt) "The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away..."

Ruby: "But... wouldn't it weigh the same?"

Jaune: (dejectedly) "Yeah, it does..."

Ruby: (giggling) "Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, sooo... I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it."

Jaune: "Wait - you made that?!"

Ruby: "Of course! All students at forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?"

Jaune: "It's a hand-me-down. My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in ."

Ruby: "Sounds more like a family heirloom to me!" (laughs) "Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days."

Jaune: (sheathing his sword) "Yeah, the classics..."

Ruby: (moving on again) "So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?"

Jaune: (walking alongside her) "Eh, why not? My mom always says, 'Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.'"

Ruby: "Hmm." (looks around) "Hey, where are we going?"

Jaune: "Oh, I don't know! I was following you." (as the scene fades to black) "Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some sort of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a 'no'?"

Ruby: (laughing) "That's a 'no'."

 A/n: I'm very sorry for the long update on the story something came up about my aunt. She had something bad happen to her she been in hospital for a month, the doctor just told my only parent that the operation failed so if you guys can please spam F and the pray emoji in the comment for her.