Final Blow

Tommy's POV

"Tommy."

The voice cut through my dream, forcing me awake. I groaned, looking up at a man with a white hoodie and a gold necklace. Punz. "What do you want," I muttered. I still hadn't forgotten he was one of the ones who had originally declared war on us all those months ago.

"Tommy, look at me." Punz sat down on my bed. I gave him a suspicious glare. "I need to tell you something."

"Well, get it over with, fucker." I sat up, rolling my eyes. "I have business today. I got my discs back yesterday, and I need to discuss protection plans with Tubbo. I had them in my ender chest but-"

"TOMMY." Punz gripped my shoulders tightly, and I pushed him off.

"Don't touch me. What's going on?" I stared at him, only now realising something may be seriously wrong. "Is everything okay? I know L'Manberg's gone, but other than that, we're finally in peace! Dream's in the fucking prison!" I smiled, then it slowly turned into a frown. "What else?"

"Tommy, you know how Dream would always threaten you?" Punz looked at me with an unknown expression. "How he would say you were nothing, at least without-"

"Tubbo." I finished his sentence. "He said Tubbo was a follower. But he's not! He was the fucking president!" I spat that last part. "He had the authority, something I can attest to as he fucking exiled me! So no, Tubbo is not a follower!"

"Was."

Punz's words made me stop short. "What?"

I turned on Punz, who sighed. "Tommy, when you were down there... Both you and Tubbo were seriously hurt. We barely got you out alive." He sighed again. "Meaning you, singular. When we grabbed Dream, you were literally pushing past the pain of your wounds to kill Dream those two times. It wasn't just the threat of the revival book that caused you to stop hitting him, Tommy, it was that you literally fainted in front of him. I grabbed you and Sam grabbed Dream, and we got you out of there."

"Who grabbed Tubbo?" I asked, my breath hitching in my throat. I swallowed. "Punz. Who. Grabbed. Tubbo."

He sighed. "Bad grabbed Tubbo. He was in even worse shape then you were, Tommy."

I stared at Punz, hoping he wouldn't say what I thought he was about to say.

He nodded once and sighed. "Tommy..."

"Tubbo's dead."