xiv

I follow Grayson out of the bathroom and back into Tati's room. Immediately Parker starts signing to Grayson as he sits next to her in a huge beanbag on the floor. I start to step toward him, before realizing there aren't any other spots on the beanbag. Instead I sit on the edge of Tati's bed next to Ollie. He smiles, "Hi."

"Hi," I say back.

"Nice costume," he says, looking me up and down.

"Thanks," I nod. He has a huge smile painted over his face and a red dot on his nose. "You too."

"I hate clowns," he says, twirling the ring on his finger. "They're disgusting."

"Yeah," I nod awkwardly. I'm not sure how to socialize with Ollie. He frightens me, if I'm being honest.

"Attention," Jason says, turning around in a big desk chair. "Who the fuck else died last night?"

I watch as he throws his hand in the air and Tati slowly copies him. It takes a couple seconds but Tyson's and Ollie's hands both extend into the air. I look at Ollie's hand, there is an earring clenched in it.

"Ollie," I hear Grayson sigh. "Give Nox her earring back."

Ollie rolls his eyes before putting his hand down and dropping the earring in mine. "Sorry."

I grab my ear, feeling for my earring. Sure enough, it's gone. When did he take that?

Ollie raises his hand again and Jason looks around the room. "Anyone else?"

Parker shakes her head and Grayson looks over at me. I slowly raise my hand, making eye contact with him.

"Grayson, I thought you got out?" Jason asks, looking across the room.

"I did," Grayson says. "We both did. We ran straight into a trick on the way home."

"Ametures," Alaina laughs.

"Okay asshole," Grayson glares at her. "How about you carry around the new girl then?"

"Fuck no," Alaina shakes her head. "She's your responsibility. You claimed her."

"Hello? I'm right here," I cut in. "What do you mean he claimed me?"

"We were all there," Tati rolls her eyes. "We all watched you appear in town. Grayson was the one who suggested we take you in."

"Well, I wasn't going to leave her on the street," he defends himself.

"I'm not saying it was a bad thing you did," Tati snaps. "Watch yourself, Grayson."

"Again," I cut in. "I'm right here."

"Nox," Grayson says standing up. "I think it's time to go."

I stand up, taking Grayson's outstretched hand in my own.

"You know you can't go out there," Tati says. "It's after 8 already."

"I can fight," Grayson says.

"But she can't," Tati points at me. She steps around us and out of the room. She walks toward the stairs, passing them and opening a door on the other side. "You should stay here. There are reasons all of you have bedrooms here."

"Fine," Grayson says, stepping into the room. I follow him and Tati tips her head to me.

"Thank you," I mumble. She smiles before walking back toward her room with the rest of the group. I step farther into the room and look around. It has the same earthy tones as upstairs. There's a big bed with dark brown bedding. A big mural of a jungle covers the entire wall behind the headboard. There are the same tall black plants in the corner of the room along with bright green ivys. Grayson walks toward me, closing the door behind me.

"I'm sorry. There's not another room for you," Grayson apologizes.

"That's alright," I nod, turning around and looking at him.

"You can have the bed. I'll sleep on the floor," he says.

"No. It's your bed," I look over my shoulder at it. "You should sleep in it."

When I look back at Grayson, he is staring down at me. He looks deep in thought. I feel terrible when I disrupt him, "Gray?"

"On second thought, I'll just go sleep on the couch," Grayson says quickly. Before I can reply, he opens the door again and rushes out, closing it behind him.

"What the hell?" I mumble under my breath. Frustrated, I pull off my sweatshirt and my boots. I walk over to the bed before sliding my pants off and pulling the blanket off the bed. It's soft under my fingers. I huff before sliding into the bed and pulling the blanket back over me. The sheets smell like Grayson and chocolate. I can't resist sleep and I slip into a dream in a matter of moments.

*****

When I wake up, I can feel a smile on my face and a tingling feeling between my legs. The smile immediately drops from my face. "No," I sit up and pull the blanket away. "No fucking way."

I quickly put my clothes back on and walk out of the room. I rush toward the bathroom and burst through the door.

"Morning," Grayson says, spitting his toothpaste out.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were in here," I blush. Seeing his face just makes me remember the dream I just woke up from. I'm just thankful he has a shirt on.

"That's alright," Grayson nods. "I was just leaving.

I suck my bottom lip in and nod, knowing I can't produce words.

"Okay," Grayson gives me a sideways glance before putting a cover over his toothbrush and sticking it in a drawer. "I'm just gonna-"

"Right," I say, taking a step to the side. Grayson and I end up stepping the same direction and I apologize before moving to the other side. Grayson makes the same move I do and we collide again.

"Nox," Grayson says, grabbing my upper arm. He holds me to one side while he maneuvers around me. He laughs, "There we go."

I half sigh-half laugh out of pure nervousness and watch as Grayson walks away. I quickly close the door and lock it, throwing myself against it.

What was that supposed to be?

A.N.

Ope... somebody had a sex dream

-Redd