Colby Brock | Shattered Trust

based on this request: prompt #9 with colby or brandon

Warnings: Lying

Word Count: 315

"That is the last time I am ever trusting you again!" As Colby walked through the front door, I confronted him, my voice raising in anger.

His eyes met mine, and he said, "What? What are you talking about?"

"Jake texted me and told me that you and sam went to jail last night? After exploring for a video?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you as soon as possible. I was scared you'd leave."

"I only want what's best for you," my voice is shaking with emotion. I could feel the hurt and anger coursing through my body, my heart pounded in my chest. He looked up at me with pleading eyes, and I could see the regret etched into his features. "I want you to be careful, you could get seriously hurt or even fucking killed for that matter!"

"I love you, okay? but be honest with me, I was worried sick when you didn't come home."

"I will. I promise. did he send you the video?" His voice was thick with sadness, and his hand reached out to my knee, as if he could somehow take away the hurt I was feeling.

"yeah, he did. fucking scared me half to death. i sat here all fucking night crying and waiting for you to come home."

"I promise it will never ever happen again. I never want to put you through that again. I'll do better, I'll be better."

As he spoke, he reached out to take my hand in his, and I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

"Good. I love you."

"I love you too."

A wave if relief washed over me as he held me closer, and I took a deep breath. I could feel my shoulders relax, and the tension in my body fade.