𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕥𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕡𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕟(𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕓𝕖 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦) ؂

Tobio loves his boyfriends.

They're both passionate and hardworking people, capable of inspiring and captivating others, drawing everyone into their orbit almost effortlessly. Both are fairly attractive by normal standards, if their large fanbase is any indication, though Tobio's never really thought much about that aspect. They're also setters, which no, this doesn't mean Tobio has a thing for setters, despite what Hinata says. Okay, fine, maybe he does, but most importantly-

Hes admired Toru and Atsumu for a very, very long time.

When they first got together and announced their relationship to their friends, no one believed them. Granted, Tobio had still been in a little disbelief at the time, because how could he have a chance with even one of them, much less both, when he's been spending so much time chasing after their backs and hoping that they would look at him and see him as an equal one day?

The fact is, all their friends had thought it was a prank - concocted by Toru and Atsumu of course, because everyone knew Tobio wasn't the type to joke about these kinds of things and thought he probably got roped into it somehow - but they had humored them anyway and played along, offering lackluster congratulations and false cheer.

Tobio thinks it probably had to do with the fact that the three of them were indisputably rivals, and especially due to his history with Toru. It doesn't help that Toru and Atsumu had immediately squared off when they first met, and constantly argued whenever they hung out with friends.

(They argued at home as well, though Tobio could see through their exaggerated bickering to tell that it was just their way of showing affection.)

Of course, it had to be the more gullible ones of their friend circle to find out that they were actually in a real relationship. It was a hotter than usual afternoon so they had decided to go out for an ice cream date, and apparently Bokuto, Hinata and Lev also chose to check out the same ice cream stall in town.

Toru was complaining about the heat and how spending too much time under the sun without sunscreen would "ruin my complexion" which then prompted Atsumu to scoff at how he should've just "stayed home to play Narcissus" in front of their mirror. Of course, that had immediately devolved into another squabble which Tobio gracefully ignored and proceeded to buy their ice cream so that they could leave without causing any more embarrassment.

As they walked down the street near the park, Atsumu teased, "aww, ya' already know our favorite flavors by heart, Tobio-kun." And before he could open his mouth to respond, Oikawa cut in with, "of course Tobio-chan remembers these things, unlike a certain someone." Tobio had sighed in defeat as they began another argument.

They probably would've argued all the way home if not for the cluster of girls that had slowly congregated around them during their walk down the street. Toru and Atsumu both ceased their quarreling immediately and turned on the charm, indulging the girls' questions and handing out compliments here and there.

Tobio would be lying if he said he hadn't been a little miffed. It wasn't really the fangirls that had bothered him - he'd long since gotten used to his boyfriends' popularity and the inevitable horde of people that would follow them each time they went out - but more so the fact that he wished they would stop fighting when he was there, and not because they wanted to keep up a good image in front of their fans.

At some point one of the girls broached the topic everyone else seemed to want to know.

"Are the both of you single?"

"Ah," Toru starts, and Tobio had blinked at the sudden change in his boyfriends, how they instantly made eye contact and seemed to communicate on the same wavelength for once.