Chapter 2: Fishing in the Cold

Tyler was sitting in a lawn chair on the dock, Michael beside and Alyson was walking back to the house to make some cocoa. "I'll be right back, Tyler. Michael, make sure he doesn't push himself too hard." "I won't." Alyson laughed, she opened the door in the kitchen, Uncle Eddy chuckled, "He seems to be doing ok." "Yeah, he seems to be, but the memories took a lot out of him." Eddy nodded, "How are you feeling?" "I'm ok." Alyson nodded as she grabbed some mugs out of the cupboard.
She pulled off her coat, went to the living room. She wasn't her mother after all, not Mary-Ann. She had worked hard to replace a lot of stuff in the house along with Sam helping out. The house looked a lot more homier and the bedrooms renovated to make 2 bedrooms instead of one.
   Alyson poured the cocoa into the cups and walked out on to the doc, Tyler was smiling and Michael was holding the fish. "Thats a big one, Michael!" Aylson said, she handed Tyler his mug. He took a sip, "How are you feeling right now?" "A little tired." Michael nodded, "How about you go lay down for a bit, I'll catch some more fish and we'll have lunch?" Tyler nodded, he got up slowly, Eddy helped him to the house and to the couch.
     Tyler falls asleep while Alyson takes out some trash, from cleaning up the place. Michael walks in with cleaned fish, Eddy throws them in the batter and then in the pan to cook. Tyler wakes up to the smell of cooking fish, Eddy says "I have to tell you guys something." Alyson nodded, "The two of you have a sibling, his name is Leo." Tyler speaks up "There was a Leo at Fireweed." "That's who I am talking about." Tyler looked grim, "He said his Mom's name was Mary-ann. And we we realized we were siblings but we didn't want to get separated like Alyson and I were." Then there's a knock at the door, "Tyler?" "Leo!" "Hey brother, wassup?" "I spent the day in the hospital and now I'm here." Leo nodded, tall, muscle, tan skinned.
Alyson smiled at Leo, "So you were at Firweed with Tyler?" Leo nodded, "Yep, and your brother here is a little squirt. He was a handful." Tyler shrugged, Leo laughed, "Well, you're getting top surgery though soon aren't you?" "Yeah." "Well, that'll be excited. But do tell more about that hospital." "I collapsed out of dehydration and exhausted." Leo nods and shrugs, "Sounds like you." Tyler shakes his head.
"Boys will be boys." Alyson said with a sigh, getting a chuckle from Tyler and Leo. Eddy just shook his head, even with a plastered smile. Michael came out of the bathroom, "I'm back." he declared as he sat down on the couch beside Tyler and took his hand, rubbing his thumb over the knuckles. 
    "Well, if there's one thing I understood from Tyler is being part of the LGBTQ alliance is a lot." Tyler nodded, "It is but you figured out how to cope." "Yeah, but hey, you came in as a girl left as a man." Tyler nodded then shrugged, "Well, all the fish is ready to eat." said Eddy. They all grabbed plates, Tyler was told to stay comfortable on couch, Alyson went and prepared his plate then brought it to him.
     They all ate some more stories were told about Tyler being in Fireweed. Though, then something hit the twins not lightning but it felt like it, they were remembering what happened that night. Eddy watched the two, he noticed that Alyson was looking grim and Tyler was comforting her the best he could. Leo said "I don't know whats going on but we'll be here." Eddy nodded, eventually the twins snapped out of it. Alyson started crying and Tyler was hugging her. Tyler then said "Its ok, its just a memory. Its ok, Alyson." Alyson nodded, but went back to eating but the memory still shook her.