Confessions - JJ Maybank

Summary: you and the pogues go to the beach to watch the sunset. JJ finally decides to ask you out.

Warnings: swearing

y/n pov:

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder violently.

I opened my eyes to see Kiara sitting on my bed, dressed in her bikini, loose shorts and a button up hung loosely around her shoulders.

"Kieeeee" I whined. She knew the rule, no waking me up before 9:00 and it was clearly pitch black outside.

"I know, y/n, I know but we're all going to the beach and you'd be all alone and plus we'd get bored without youuuu!!" she says to me with a small smile.

"It's like the crack of dawn, Kie." I say and she gives me a look.

"Ugh fine." I say sitting up in my bed.

"I'll meet y'all by the twinkie in 10" I tell her and start to get up and out of bed, heading for the bathroom.

After I finish with my morning routine, i put on my favourite swimming outfit (bikini or swimsuit, whatever you feel comfortable in) and a pair of jean shorts, and a baggy tee over the top. I fix my hair and finally head out to the twinkie.

"Damn took you long enough" I hear as soon as I walk out of the house.

"You can't rush perfection JJ" I say to him with a smug smile on my face.

As soon as everyone gets in, John B starts driving to the beach.

"I'm surprised you're up this early y/n" Pope says as he looks at me from across the van.

John B was quick to pitch in, "yeah you normally sleep in until like 9:30" he says, eyeing me from his mirror.

"Well Kie had to do some convincing, but I got round in the end" I say, looking over at Kiara who was sitting next to Pope.

-•-•-
After a quick ride to the beach, everyone got out, strapping their surfboards off the top of the van and started heading to the beach.

There was no one there since it was about 5:00 in the morning by the time we arrived so we had the whole beach to ourselves.

The boys ran into the water straight away, surfboards in hand whilst Kie and I decided to set up our things and lay down on the warm sand to watch the sunrise.

"Okay fine, I'll show you him, just stop!!" Kie yells finally after me grilling her, trying to get her to show me the touron she went home with a couple nights ago.

She pulls out her phone and shows me a picture of a guy, and wow. He was gorgeous.

"Kie! He's gorgeous!!" I tell her as I see the blush on her cheeks.

"I knowww!!" she squeals at me, throwing up her hands in the air.

"Okay, but what about you?" she asks, her attention focused on me as she sets her phone down.

"What about...me?" I ask confused.

"What's going on with you and JJ" she asks, lowering her tone.

The truth is I had a bit of a crush on JJ but only Kiara knew.

He was hot.

"Nothing, I don't know." I answer slightly bummed.

"No come onnn!! You guys would be such a cute couple!" she yells, a bit too loudly.

I look over at the boys in the sea and i see JJ coming out of the water, He had water droplets rolling down his body, and his hair was slightly damp from surfing earlier.