Chapter 1

*LOUIS POV*
It was the last few days of summer where Louis and his family were having dinner with the neighbors. It became a tradition every Sunday their neighbors, the Johnson's, would come over. They have a son a year younger than Louis named Matt and he was Louis's first best friend and they did everything together. They were the type of best friends that can easily talk about anything and everything all at once.  Louis couldn't be more grateful he had Matt growing up.

It was like that till one day, he thought Louis sister Lottie was pretty then they started dating. So now the Tomlinson Sunday dinner consists of the Johnsons but now Lottie and Matt have dating for 3 years and he has to admit they are cute together.

Something you don't know about Louis though is that He had a major crush on Matt and never got to tell him before Matt got together Lottie. So Louis did the most logical thing one can do with a stupid hopeless crush.

He wrote him a letter.

He was never planning on sending them, but he did it to let all of his feelings out in one safe place. He sometimes goes back and reads them he has 5 total. He didn't know what one was the strongest but as he sat in his room after dinner, he sifted through his box of letters and came across the one he wrote for Matt.

It starts with:
Matt Johnson, I loved you first.

Louis had no idea he wrote that and stared at those words with wide eyes. He put it away and can across the second one he wrote, a boy that he has gone to school with forever. Harry styles. The beautiful lad with curly hair, dimples poking out when he smiled like the sun and emerald green eyes you can easily get lost in.

*middle school flashback*
Everyone knew that Taylor wanted to kiss Harry and Harry only, but when Louis spun the bottle and it landed on Harry there was a different tension in the air. Louis then said, "I can spin it again?" Very questionably because at the time Louis was good friends with zany Malik and he was forced to go to this party and he had hoped it would be a completely innocent, fun middle school party.

Harry looked shocked as well but his face soon relaxed and he said to Louis, "you can't cheat the bottle" as he started to crawl over to where Louis was sitting, Harry gave him a peck on the lips, and Louis face immediately flushed a bright red after and soon called his mom to pick him up mostly from embarrassment. He couldn't believe he had his first kiss with a boy and that boy was none other than Harry styles. What scared Louis the most was that he liked it, a lot. Even if at the time it was just a little peck on the lips and had no meaning behind it.

His other letters were useless crushes, his first one for a girl named Hannah that he has gone to summer camp with in the 4th grade and she was pretty but she lives in the states now as her mom got a new job so he doesn't see her much. The other one was for a boy named Luke he met on a trip and the last one was for a girl named Eleanor he danced with at homecoming freshman year and he didn't feel anything strong towards her but she was very fun to be around he had a good time. No one besides his family and best friend Niall knows he's gay. Yes, he kissed a boy during a game of spin the bottle but that was all in a game and Harry hasn't even glanced his way since. Zayn practically rules the school with Gigi by his side and their other group member, Liam. Louis doesn't talk to zayn much anymore either as they fell out of touch once high school began due to social status which Louis, had none of.

He was lost in thought and suddenly he heard a knock on his door.
"Lou? Can I come in?" Lottie says but opening the door anyway.

Louis scrambled with the letters and pushed them under the bed for the time being.

"Yeah, you can come in. You don't have to ask" Louis chuckles at her sitting on his bed next to her.

"So, are you gonna miss me when I'm gone? You have to be the responsible sibling now." Lottie says smirking at Louis. Knowing full well he can barely get himself together for school let alone 3 young girls. Lottie was always good at getting the twins and fizz up for school, making sure they were dressed and properly groomed before breakfast. Louis was ultimately screwed when she leaves.