Act I - Our Journey Begins

{Author's POV}

It was a dark and gloomy night. The rain pouring down on the village of Hage was soothing, but it was interrupted due to the crying noise of an infant. A knock on the church door came.

Father Orsi, the church owner, opens the door to see three baskets with infants. One was crying while the two were sound asleep. Without thinking, he took all of them in.

Once he led them inside, he glanced at the crying one. He had white hair, gleaming silver with a glint of orange eyes. Father Orsi questioned this, seeing that he had never seen someone with naturally snow-white hair like his.

The small infant stopped crying and opened their eyes. The baby tilted their head before smiling, reaching their hands in a grabbing motion. This made the priest smile warmly and play with the baby.

"Aren't you a playful one?" After a few minutes of playing with the baby, he heard the baby lightly snoring, "So energetic, and yet you sleep faster."

Father Orsi looks at the other two infants. One was energetic while the other was calmly sleeping. Looking closer, he finds nametags.

"Hmm... Yuno and... Asta, eh?" He smiles warmly, "You kids, don't worry. This is your new home." 

Father Orsi looks back at the first infant. He noticed a grimoire beside him. He examines the grimoire with profound interest, but the chains sealing it confuse him. The grimoire had a white cover. The front of it has an emblem with a white skull-like picture.

Inspecting the grimoire further, he saw a note attached on the back

"To the one who will take care of this child. Once he is of age, give him this grimoire. It will help with his special trait, and it will help him unlock his full potential. I am in debt to you in caring for our child, (Y/N)."

Father Orsi smiled, "I found a special one."

[15 Years Later...]

The cool breeze blows through the valley. The warm sunlight made the vegetation around them bloom. A boy with white hair, shining silver with a glint of orange eyes, is seen sitting cross-legged on a large boulder.

He has a lean build, is not too buff, and is not too skinny either.  Just then, a loud yet familiar voice echoed throughout the valley. This made him lose his focus.

He opens his eyes and sighs, "He never learns." Standing up from his seat, he began to walk towards the church.

"SISTER LILY!!" The white-haired boy chuckles.

"Time to see him fail again." He continued to walk, only to see a grown-up Asta kneeling in front of Sister Lily, a woman of the cloth.

"I will become the wizard king someday! And make you happy!! So, please, marry me!!" Asta shouted as he kneeled in front of her, holding a bouquet.