Act II - Entrance Exam

{Author's POV}

[Location: The Clover Kingdom, Capital]

Arriving at the capital, the three look around, amazed

"Woah, it's huge!" Asta exclaims, his eyes sparkling with excitement. He then turns to the capital, "So, that's the royal capital."

(Y/N) sighs, "Come on, let's go. Our magic knight's exam is starting soon." 

They entered the capital and went straight to where the exam would take place. On the way there, there were a lot of stands selling various items, ranging from swords to magic items, and snacks. During this, Asta bought a grilled snake.

Reaching the coliseum, the three got in line, "You are number 165. Next!" Yuno came next.

"I'm Yuno, from Hage village." The man looks at him for a second.

"Yuno from Hage," the man writes, "may I see your grimoire?" He showed his grimoire, shocking him and the other contestants, "A four-leaf clover..." He said in disbelief, "Y-You are number 167. Next!"

Asta was next, showing his dirty grimoire. The man at first did not believe it was an actual grimoire, but Asta insisted it was. Even though he was skeptical, he ultimately let Asta go through.

"You are number 168. Next!" (Y/N) was up next. 

"I'm (Y/N), Hage Village." The man looks up to him before sighing.

"Three boys from the same village. Rare to see that." He writes it down, "Grimoire?" (Y/N) showed his grimoire, confusing the man, "Huh, that's rare as well." He put back his grimoire inside his holster, "You're number 169. Next!"

Entering the arena where they would take the exam, a flock of birds called "anti-birds" started surrounding it. This bird serves as an indication of how strong one is. While many people were pecked by a small number of these birds, Yuno and (Y/N) were ignored. However, their friend wasn't the same.

"Ah!! What the heck are these birds!! Get off me!!" He said, running around with a massive amount of birds chasing him.

Yuno stared at him with a deadpan expression while (Y/N) sat cross-legged, attempting to meditate. Once he got comfortable. The birds were chasing Asta and the participants stopped and looked at him. They all flew towards (Y/N), the participants expected them to peck him, but they were surprised when they sat on him. Seemingly at peace when they landed on him.

Yuno and Asta look at (Y/N) in amazement, "I didn't know he could control animals." Suddenly, another bird went down towards (Y/N). This stuck out more since it had a certain design in it. It perches on his lap.

After a few minutes, the nine captains of the magic knights arrive. Gueldre Poizot, captain of the Purple Orcas. Yami Sukehiro, captain of the Black Bulls. Nozel Silva, captain of the Silver Eagles. Fuegoleon Vermillion, captain of the Crimson Lion Kings. Jack the Ripper, captain of the Green Praying Mantises. Charlotte Roselei, captain of the Blue Rose Knights. Dorothy Unsworth, captain of the Coral Peacocks. Rill Boismortier, captain of the Aqua Deer. And William Vangeance, captain of the Golden Dawn.