chapter four

Miley munched greedily on her plate of spaghetti and meatballs. This was her third time in a row. She did her possible best to hide her sufferings but she couldn't help it. It was so evident that she was famished and Ashley had to tell her to wipe her mouth on several occasions.
    But as she ate, she considered Miss Esther offer. Esther–a representative of Eva Lee's theatre LTD in need of five prospective danced for latest movie trailer of their new movie. 'Now that you've eaten and regained your strength back, do you think you can audience now? Miley wasn't too certain. It had been been a long time since she had a good dance as she had forgotten all of her dance moves. As she thought of the answer to give, she suddenly remembered the dance she would have performed just before father died and tears welled up in her eyes. Esther and Ashley noticed her sudden change in mood too.
' Okay. Fine.We'll try it out on Monday.' Esther said curtly.
                                    ***

Monday morning arrived so fast that everything else felt like a blur for Miley. She had to take a day off from work so she could go to the theatre with Esther and Ashley.
After driving for about thirty minutes, they finally reached their destination. The theatre building was dome–shaped with some stained glass windows showing different actions which was a bit odd. The area was aligned with arrays of flowers. It also had a fountain in it's center that had the sculptural design of a huge microphone placed on a stand.
  The inward part of the building had different sections in different locations for all kinds of performing arts and genres of literature. The were led by Esther to the practice room with the three others selected by Esther. Two boys and a girl they were.
One had Raven black hair, Raven black eyes, very handsome with well defined body features. The other had dirty brown hair which complemented his hazel eyes, lanky and wasn't very tall. As for the girl, she was nothing like Miley or Ashley or even Esther. She had multicoloured hair with a good body shape that intimidated Miley. Then they were taken to see Eva Lee, the founder and CEO of the company once they finished their your.
    For a woman of her prestige, her office seemed rather too casual. It was medium sized, had one table with Eva Lee sitting on one side and two chairs on the other side. A bouquet of roses in a rose patterned flower vase was on the table and she was flanked by two huge drawers on either side. Then there was a calendar, a clock and a small television by the side of the door which could only be seen if you look behind. Miss Eva Lee was a woman with a slim physique about thirty five years of age, kind face and appealing green eyes. She had dark brown hair packed in a bun. She was on a bright yellow jacket and black suit trousers, a black camisole with yellow shoes match. She smiled on seeing them.
' Welcome back Esther'.she said
' Thank you ma'am. These are the selected ones you requested for'.
' How do you do?' miss Eva asked.
' we are fine now '. The five said in unison.
'Very good. Esther will show you around to the rest of the team so you can know the nature of your jobs.'
They nodded and filled out of the room. The rest of the day was filled with practice, instructing and socializing. Ashley and Miley seemed to be getting along well together. It was clear that no length of time could break what those two shared.
                                     ***
In the evening, Miley decided to go to the Post office to see her boss and apologize.
' I'm so sorry Mrs Bianca. I had somewhere to be'.said Miley to Mrs Bianca after explaining.
' Hmm. I guess this place is now irrelevant that you had to prioritize that somewhere over your job here '.
'No...'
' I get it. You are taking my generosity towards you for granted.'
' I...'
' Even though you're an undergraduate, I still give you the same pay as your superiors.'
' Please...'
' It seems I've been too kind and that is unlike me'.
'Could you...?'
' Hush. Your days in the sun are over. I can't deal with you any longer.'
'What does that mean?'
' You're fired. Now get out of my office.'
                                   ***
Miley sat down on the one armed couch which was in the remaining part of the house. Her head was lowered as she was in deep thought. She had just received a call from Johanna requesting for money for mother's upkeep. Miley immediately burst into tears.
' I just got fired '. She wanted to tell but could not bring herself to. The landlord had yet again reminded her to start packing from the dilapidated house as she only had four more days. He had heard about her losing her job and knew she would not be able to pay. She desperately needed a way out and so the next day, she told Ashley all about her problems. Ashley listened intently and assured Miley that she would find a solution.
                                   ***
Three days later, Miley received an unexpected call from Johanna. Johanna sounded very excited and when Miley asked the cause of the joy but instead Johanna thanked her for sending the  'money '. Miley was dumbfounded and the wind was knocked out of her sails but she was as happy as Johanna said the doctors would start treatment immediately.
  Miley arrived at the theatre and told Ashley what had happened and how confused she was. It was then that Ashley opened up to Miley. It was actually Miss Eva Lee who had paid the bills. Ashley had told her about Miley's condition and she was willing to help.
Miss Eva Lee allowed Miley to have some accommodation in the park theatre while giving her a full time job. Miley was more than overwhelmed. Her dilemma had been solved without her having to do a thing. She thanked them profusely and knew she would forever be indebted to them.