23: Lock-Up

The Garage was completely empty, tools strewn everywhere whilst you did a final sweep for any lingering personnel.

When you were certain everyone had left, you opened the pit lane door and ushered Ryan and Max into the garage. As you started to shut the door, a foot wedged into the space you had created, with Toto slipping through.

You gestured for the two rival drivers to hide somewhere, pointing to Lewis' back room before allowing the Austrian to slip into the darkened environment.

"Bonsoir!" You yelped, completely surprised as his hand planted itself on the side of the wall closest to you, "I thought you said to meet in your office," you gulped, taking a step backwards and almost tripping over a wire on the floor.

His hand reached out to steady you, the redness of his knuckles playing a stark contrast with the red and purple blotches of injury, "Careful," he warned, looping his finger through your belt and tugging your waist into his.

"You wanted to talk?" You squeaked, your hands sweating as they gripped onto either bicep to steady yourself. You didn't know if the two Red Bull drivers could hear what was happening, but you most certainly didn't want it to end in sex, especially after the mess that lead up to this whole incident.

His tongue dragged across his bottom lip and he took a step forwards so that he towered over you like a monument, "If you were pregnant," he started, curling his forefinger under your chin and lifting it upwards. You could smell the intoxicating aroma of his cologne, the warmth of it melting you in the close proximity you had found yourself in, "I'd want to raise it with you," he barely whispered, and lowered his lips to yours.

The taste of fruit danced across your lips as you felt his hand wandering to your back, clutching you into him as though you were to dissolve at any given minute. "I love you," you said.

"Ditto," he returned, placing a soft kiss onto your forehead. You knew how he felt back, the way he gripped you detested the idea of not being madly in love with him. "We need to stay secret, until later."

Heat burned up your neck, "Christmas is my deadline," you eased, allowing your forehead to rest on his collarbone, "The test came back negative, anyway." you smiled at him.

His scowl scared you even more, "It came back positive."

The room spun around you, and caused your head to hurt. The walls closed in and the breath in your lungs became tight whilst you sucked in breath as quick as you expelled it.

"Surely it's not," You felt your eyes begin to water, "I'm not..."

Hope dwindled around you as Toto slumped down in his chair, his legs spread enough so that you could stand between them. His hands rooted deep into the backs of your pockets and pulled you forward so that your hands splayed across his chest.

"The cheap test you did said you were, but the expensive ones might say otherwise," he sounded sad with what he said and you didn't like him sad.

"Have you told your wife?" You asked.

The moment the words left your mouth was the moment Toto's expression changed, as though he had forgotten completely about the woman he'd been married to for at least ten years and been reminded by you handing a photo of her dismembered body. But all you mentioned was her name, and yet it was more than enough to make Toto almost hit something.

"I'm not going to tell her until the second half of the season." He said, only stopping when you heard a thump from Lewis' room, "Is he still here?" Toto asked and tried to step past you, finding you blocking him instead.

The look on Toto's face resembled anger and he placed his hand across your chest, moving you to the side, "Toto, no," you growled, gripping his back as tight as possible whilst you tried to hold him off

"If you'd rather be with Lewis, just say that," He sulked, now out stepping you and forcing his way over to his drivers room.

You knew exactly what Ryan would say when he saw her, and you weren't worried for her. It was Max you were nervous for. "You're being irrational," you jumped in between yourself and the door, pushing your back against it whilst Toto towered above you.

"Let me in," he asked, his hand above your head whilst you pulled the door as tightly shut as you possibly could.

You refused, "No."

"Darling," he warned, "If you don't let me in I'll find a way to punish you,"

Inside the room, you could hear Ryan and Max giggling. Fuck. They just had to be laughing during the one time you wanted them to be quiet. There was zero point of holding the door shut anymore, with Toto barging past, crushing your wrist under you in the process.

"Fuck," you hissed through bared teeth whilst clutching your hand close to your chest. Toto didn't dare look back at you, this time storming in to see Ryan and Max huddled in the corner like a pair of children.

You turned away, tears springing in your eyes whilst Toto caught the two rival drivers messing around and wearing Lewis' helmets.

A hand on your shoulder caused you to stiffen under the touch, turning away from the owner of the hand abruptly.

His voice was low, "Did I hurt you?" he whispered, brushing his finger across your cheekbone whilst you faced Ryan and Max.

"I think we ought to get you two out of here," you smiled softly, clutching your wrist and helping the drivers out of the garage, leaving the keys for Toto to lock up.