Chapter 1 - Always and Forever

I was waiting in Lafayette cemetery, again surrounded by witches because Sophie Deveraux needed my help convincing Klaus to help them with their vampire problem. How? She thinks that since I'm pregnant with his baby that it will somehow soften him up enough to want to help. I told them it wouldn't work but of course, they won't listen to a werewolf.

"Bring her out!" I heard Sophie yell and the witches led me out to where Sophie stood with a guy in a suit.

He looked at me, his eyes widening as if he recognized me but we've never met before. He's probably just like the others, astonished at my resemblance with the doppelgangers. It seems to be happening a lot with people from Mystic Falls. It's actually started to piss me off. I am not Elena Gilbert or Katherine Pierce nor am I related to them. There is only one Nina Chase.

"Who the hell are you?"

He took a couple of steps forward before addressing Sophie. "Give us a moment, please."

We were now sitting in a crypt lit by a thousand candles. He didn't need to introduce himself, I already knew who he was. He's an Original, his name is Elijah and Klaus is his brother.

"So, have they been holding you here against your will?" He asked, pacing the room.

"They lured me and my friend, Hayley out to the Bayou and grabbed me. They did all these weird witchy tests, not that I can understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead, they can't have children."

Elijah looked at me. "Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible. Here, if I may."

He reached forward to touch my head but I moved, distrustful. "What are you doing?"

"Relax," Elijah said as he sat down. "If you open your mind to me, I can show you."

I let him put his hands on either side of my head and closed my eyes.

"In the beginning, our family was human, a thousand years ago now."

Suddenly, I saw a girl my age and a young boy running, dressed in viking-styled clothing. It was like I had gone back in time or was watching a movie. They were in a village and they ran towards Klaus and Elijah as they fought with swords.

"Come on, Henrik! Our brothers are fighting again."

"Although, our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were largely just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to do so. And for better or worse, we were happy."

Somehow, he had entered my mind and was sharing his memories with me.

"That is, however, until one night our youngest brother was killed by our village's greatest threat."

I saw Klaus carrying the young boy, now injured, with a sad and regretul look on his face. His sister came running out of a house.