One

Xiao Zhan set down the book he was reading when a knock startled him. "Yes?" He said to the familiar face that greeted him upon opening the door.

"Xiao Zhan? Do you remember me? I'm here for the vacant room you'll have rented."

"Oh... Zhuocheng's classmate! Wang Yibo, right? How did you know about the room?" It's been less than a week since Zhuocheng moved out from the spare room in his flat and Xiao Zhan's still not able to post a notice, looking for a new tenant at the university's online bulletin. "Of course, Zhuocheng told you, right?" Xiao Zhan asked, feeling a little silly for not realizing soon enough.

"He told me about it last week. He said he was going to move to another place since his internship will start soon. He knew I was looking to rent a room near the university because the place I'm renting now is still quite far."

Xiao Zhan held the door open for Wang Yibo to come in. "If you're looking for a place near the university, this should be perfect. And I'm sure by now, you are already aware of the rates around this area. Zhuocheng wouldn't have given up the room if it wasn't too far from where he's going to be taking his internship." Xiao Zhan led the way through his flat. "Zhuocheng knows me well and I know he wouldn't have told you about the room if he didn't trust you enough. I'll have you rent the room for the same rate he did. I'm not so strict with the rent but I prefer you inform me if you can't settle on due time." Xiao Zhan said to seal the deal and so he won't have to bother with posting a notice.

"Really? That sounds good. I actually don't have to see it because I trust Zhuocheng too. I just came over because I wanted to tell you personally that I am very interested. And if you're okay to have me occupy the room, then we'll settle so I can move in."

"You can move in as soon as you want." Xiao Zhan opened the door to the said room, which was next to his. "This room was already furnished when my parents got me the flat so you got yourself a bed and a study area there, a drawer and a closet. Will you be fine with sharing the bathroom and laundry area? There's only one to use."

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Anyway, it's going to be just me and you here. You may use the kitchen and the living area as you please." Xiao Zhan was only renting out the room for additional income anyway, so he can easily get by with just doing small gigs as a photographer while completing his units before graduating. "You can have a maximum of three people over, as long as you inform me first, but no drinking, smoking, and drugs. Also not too much noise when I am working on my pieces and... no orgies." Xiao Zhan said with a wink.

"Of course, no orgies." Yibo shook his head grinning.

Xiao Zhan sat on the bed while Yibo looked around the room. "I re-arranged everything two days ago because I was supposed to take pictures for the online bulletin, but you can do whatever you want with the stuff here-- and those are my paintings." Xiao Zhan chuckled when Yibo stared up the walls. "You can take them down if it doesn't suit your taste--"

"No. I like them." Yibo whirled after cutting him off. "Gives the room character."

"Does it?"

Yibo shrugged. "I'm not the art student here, you are."

Xiao Zhan raised a brow. "I like you already."

"Then can I move in tonight?"

"Tonight?" Too soon, but it was a weekend so Xiao Zhan thought it was fine. "Sure. I can help you haul your things in later."

~

It's been two weeks since Yibo moved in and Xiao Zhan could say that it was actually not a bad decision to have him rent the room and share the place.