01

01 - Oh here is your change by the way

Pretty high apparently because almost like clockwork he showed up again exactly a week from the last time in pretty much the same outfit. (You wonder if he ever took it off.) You brushed off the feeling of excitement bubbling in you. YOu wouldn't say you missed the guy but it was the first time in awhile you were able to actually to talk to shit to someone without getting a list of complaints.

He looked a bit better with his hair freshly dyed you couldn't really imagine him with red hair it seemed oddly out of place, You also actually noticed the piercings in his ears and on the bridge of his nose that was available to see above the mask how you missed that you didn't know. He walked into the aisles and back some snacks in hand.

You note that hes doesn't smell like burnt flesh this time but rather wood smoke and cologne that smelled expensive you didn't question it but you didn't say nothing either.

"There is the drama queen." You say with a smile as he approaches the counter he halts just for a millisecond before taking the last steps towards you.

"What." Sounded more like a statement rather than a question one with a lilt of confusion to his tone.

"You litterly walked out of here in a cryptic manner without taking your change" You answer as you start scanning the items

"That wasn't crytic." He said in a small huff as if the thought was bizarre in it's self.

"Oh it totally was and-" As you finished scanning the last o the four items you fished out the change you gotten from him the last time he came around you kept it with you in hopes to give it back when if you saw him the effort pulling off. "Here is your change from last time boss man."

He stilled as he stared down at the money on the counter confusion coiled around him like an old friend.

"You kept it." You hummed in agreement.

"And your giving it back?" Another hum that only seemed to solidify the confusion, money still left untouched on the table.

"Why?" He asked and you found yourself asking the same thing to yourself in the past week it would of come in real handy considering you were practically homeless yet you never did. The temptation there but never acted upon a consistent siren within his back pocket. The only reason you could come up with was-

"I would of felt icky using what isn't mine." You settled on an honesty you didn't know you would share and a rough hollow laugh is what you got in return.

"You are one of the worst parts of the city and your worried about feeling icky." He said almost to himself the suspended sound of disbelief another humorless laugh tacked on at the end.

"That is a perfectly valid reason I have you fucking know." You snapped back lips pulled back lightly teeth on display. In realization of your somewhat childish answer. You have done things, horrible and vile and yet the gross feeling still waged upon your skin every time you would do something simple against your morals like spending money you didn't rightfully earn like a reminder of what you have done. You wouldn't go back to that you couldn't.

At the snarl you gave him he stopped and looked at you and found only truth and he acting accordingly, shock then confusion and back to a false sense of neutrality all in a hand fill of seconds. In another small haste he grabbed his stuff placing more notes above the previous untouched ones and walked away only this time he called out behind himself.

"You can keep the change this time!" Rough and distant and if it took him another twenty minutes on contemplating the conversation to notice he didn't buy cigerates than no-one to know well except for the trash he set on fire in an alleyway but who ever actually takes notice of scorch marks in an alleyway.

Short but important and a little look into MC's life I'll add the TL;DR later lmaoo speed running writing this the faster i get this down the better