A/N

Apparently, I'm gaining a reputation as a BDSM stories author, whatever than means. I think people like my books on the subject and they're pretty successful so I'm going to set things clear before writing this one.

There're 3 kind of books about BDSM you can find:

The ones that romanticize this world, you know what I'm talking about... 50 shades of amateur housewife nonsense full of inaccuracies that will lead you to believe Doms are cool people, really traumatized but redeemed by love. I hate Christian Grey with all the passion of my black heart, I was unable to finish the first book and never watched the movies. He's so far away from what a good Dom should be that it's almost ridiculous. A guy who openly confesses that he struggles with trauma and is unable to enjoy vanilla sex, that he absolutely needs to be in control because otherwise the lady leaves him cold... IS A RED FLAG THE SIZE OF THE TITANIC! Not to talk about the stupid girl who says: "Oh, so you're crazy, that's so hot! You can tie me, gag me and do whatever the fuck you want with me even if you should be visiting a therapist right now."

There're Doms like Christian Grey out there, men or women, that will tell you "you know, it's because I have a dominant personality and this is why I can only enjoy BDSM sessions and not vanilla sex, normal sex or sex on equal terms..." Yeah, whatever... Don't buy it, no matter how dominant their personality is, if they can't enjoy because they aren't controlling the situation... they have a problem. We all enjoy different things, some things turn us on more than others, there're things we'd never do... but if there's only one thing you enjoy and it forces you to rule out any other option... THAT'S A RED FLAG THE SIZE OF THE TITANIC.

There're technical books, the ones that talk about how to do it safe, sane and consensual but above all safe. They explain techniques, safety rules, equipment, sailor's knots... They're boring to read sometimes but you need to learn from them before even thinking about setting foot in this world. I know you're the generation that finds information online but not all of that information is accurate, however books, if they're written by serious authors, are usually more reliable. If I have to recommend one, the most famous was written by Jay Wiseman: BDSM Introduction to techniques and its meaning... from 1992... Yes, oldie but goodie.

Biographies or what they want us to believe are real stories. Like The Story of O or Emmanuelle... That's literature that doesn't romanticize this world and it's nice if you read the classics but in the end is boring because it's all about we had sex here, we had sex there, we were 14 in that bed, chapter after chapter... I was worried while I was writing The Club because it felt like there was no plot and only intercourses in every chapter but I tried to fix it in the end.

What I'm trying to do in my books is taking a little bit of the three options, educating you but not getting bored, and I think I end up romanticizing too much because what you actually want is a good love story with happy ending. This A/N is my disclaimer... Real Doms are not the way I portray them in my books, there're some good ones out there, no doubt, but most of them are toxic, crazy, abusive motherfuckers... because this kind of world draws that kind of people. HFDC Ruby is probably the real one, above all the first part of the book.

Subs are easy preys... there're a lot of girls that lack of confidence, want to be loved at all cost, they struggle with trauma, they're confused, insecure... And if those Doms find strong subs that know what they want and only surrender to the Dom that works hard and really deserves it, they dismiss them claiming that they're "topping from the bottom" because they don't let them get their own way... THAT'S ANOTHER RED FLAG THE SIZE OF THE TITANIC.

What I'm trying to say is: educate yourselves... a lot. Be careful, be wise but about all, be safe. This is dangerous and you can end up hurt physically and mentally, do not let a toxic jerk ruin your life... It's easy to say and hard to do because we all have made mistakes and gone through a lot of shit before learning and maturing emotionally. I've been there and done that... and even worse, believe me, I have no moral authority to tell you how to live your lives.

That's my advice, learn as much as you can, take a look from a safe distance first, keep your minds clear, look for red flags... and run away if you aren't sure about it. Do not let anyone emotionally blackmail you and push you to get involved in something you may not be able to handle.

I'll update an introduction and first chapter tomorrow, I hope. Thank you for voting, reading, commenting, following me and forgiving my countless mistakes. 

And remember... Dominant is an adjective and Dom is suitable for men and women. A female dominant is a Dom too... I don't know what a Domme is, there's no need to feminize an adjective, use that term if you want but sounds weird and serious Doms I know refuse to be called Dommes. 

Love you all, my kinky friends.