the beginning

**note**** finn uses they/them pronouns

the first time they met, it was cosmic. that marching band practice in 2020, he told them to get in line with him and texted him later and apologized for being harsh. relationships now usually start online, granted, this one did. by the end of their first first night talking, finn knew they wanted oliver, and it wouldn't stop nagging at them, the existence of meeting someone you can't stop thinking about, romanticizing a beautiful relationship, it was all they wanted. it was after that night, after their shower that they got the notification; oliver texted. the next day, finn fell in love, and this was real love, deep, draining, exhausting love; but how could they tell if it was reciprocated? oliver liked finn, and made it clear, but finn was ready, ready to stand by oliver's side forever, oliver thought it would be a hookup. as finn hugged their pillow that night, they delved into the idea of being with oliver, the good, the bad, the sex, the laughs, the sarcasm, the romantic banter. two days and finn was here, and they weren't budging. i'm sure if you asked finn now they would say "never text anything important after midnight, sleep on it, if it still applies in the morning, send it then." but they didn't have a clue then, they spilled their guts. it worked, it took convincing but the two of them got together, things had finally been going right, it worked, now was the time to tell people.