🥀Chapter Fourteen🥀

~Few days later~

Vanessa

I didn't know how to exactly feel as I stood outside the building that I will be working in. I had never thought this would be a part of my life ; working in an office and for extremely rich people. I dressed in the most suitable outfit I could find: a black skirt and a flowing white blouse.

I went up the stairs glancing at everyone who comes my way as I noticed how good they were dressed. Someone were dressed in working pants and flats whilst others wore skirts and heels. I made my way up to a woman who was on a phone as she wrote down something.

"Hi, is Julia here?", I asked after she hung up the phone and gave me her attention.

"Who are you?, and to speak with Mrs. Lenetti you'll need an appointment".

"I'm vanessa and I'm suppose to be working here", I replied feeling as if I was embarrassing myself. I thought Julia would've been here to get me settled in on what to do and when to do it...unfortunately not.

"Umm, give me a sec", she said before going oneside to make a call. The place was truly admirable and I noticed a perfume collection to the side that was in a glass case. It had to expensive or maybe it was just for showcasing?. Not sure but they seemed worthy to buy.

"You're late".

I turned to the other side and saw Mordechai standing there. He had his signature stern look as he held a briefcase in his hand.

"My mom won't be around for a while so I'm the boss here and you're late which isn't very good for your first day. Take this and follow me", he said before pushing the briefcase onto my chest.

I clutched it out of instinct as I groaned angrily. He was mean and arrogant and that's the only reason why I didn't want to work here. I can't stand people like him. I sucked it up and sighed before following after him. We reached the elevator and I entered after him. He pressed the button for the top floor before going to the side to use his phone.

I held the briefcase firmly hoping it wouldn't fall. Wouldn't want him to throw a fit and get all ignorant again, I thought as I laughed quietly.

A few minutes passed and the elevator came to a stop. We both stepped at the same time and our arms touched. I stepped back as I heard him groan before he walked out and I followed after him. The top floor only had three office spaces and I wondered why.

"Close the door and sit", he said as we entered what seemed like his office due to the design and spaciousness. He sounded like he was talking to a dog but I kept quiet. If he is my boss then I have no choice than to obey him. I felt sick when that thought came to my mind.

I closed the door with my feet before placing the briefcase on the desk and sitting down. He laid back in his chair as he studied me. I didn't want to meet his eyes so I looked elsewhere ; at the ceiling, the floor and then the frames on the wall.

"I honestly don't see what my mom sees in you".

If working for him means getting insulted, it's going to be hell because there was no way I won't stand up for myself. I've delt with people most of my life who thinks they're above god!.

"The only reason you despise me is because I'm not above your standards or near your status", I replied with no emotion as I stared into his eyes. He didn't reply but I could see the coldness in his eyes. What I spoke was the truth and only the truth.

He reached into his drawer and took out a paper before pushing it to me. I had to catch it so I wouldn't fall off the desk. I held it up and started reading through it.

Duties & Rules of a Personal Assistant

~Punctuality is key

~ A cup of coffee every morning for the boss

~ Paperwork should be done on time

~ Respect the boss at all times - very important to establish a healthy working relationship

~Ban all sexual thoughts and lust. Its strictly prohibited that an assistant shouldn't be dating the boss - it's not good for business.

~Do what the boss says - it's your job.

The fifth one had me in disgust. I placed back the paper on the desk before fumbling with my hands that were on my lap.

"You've already broken rule number one. You have three strikes and then you'll be in trouble. You should show up to work at 8 a.m sharp do you understand me?!".

"Yes", I say feeling as if it was forced.

"It's yes sir for you Miss Collins, do you get that?", he said raising an eye at me.

"Yes sir", I replied before groaning inwardly.

"Good, the sooner you learn your place the better. The office next door to mine is where you'll be working. You've already red the rules so there's nothing more to say. Just know your place and who you're dealing with, contract or not you'll be working hard as everyone else that's here. Now, any questions?".

His presence bothers me so much. I have to put up with this for three months?. I didn't like being controlled and here I was in the midst of it. And all because of a job to earn money to leave this place from the one guy who ruined me years ago. I felt somewhat sad inside and it was a feeling that I don't think will leave me for now.

"No sir".

There was a knock on the door before it was opened and this woman walked in. She was dressed in a skirt suit with a jacket and I couldn't help but notice how short the skirt was. Like mid thigh short. Her hair was flowing loose on her shoulders and her face had a hint of makeup.

"Miss Collins, I need my coffee now and I like it very strong", he said before handing me some dollar bills. I left the office and closed the door. I didn't leave to the get the coffee instantly. Instead I went to the office he said I will be working in and examined it. It was nice, not as spacious but the colour scheme being white and a dull blue, it will do.

A few minutes passed and I finally left to get his coffee. Maybe it was a bad decision to actually wait so long but I didn't care too much. I took the elevator and before you know it I had reached the bottom floor. I left the building and walked to a nearby coffee shop that I passed on the way here.

I went inside and after telling the girl who worked at the coffee station what I wanted, I sat down at a table to wait.

"Vanessa?"

I looked up and saw keith who was just smiling away. He sat down and looked at me but the smile never left his face.

"We should get married you know, faith always let us bump into each other", he said but I payed him no mind. He was definitely delusional.

The coffee was done so I went to collect it. I paid before leaving the shop.

"Vanessa,  I need your number. Remember the last time I said when I spot you again I will need it?", he said as he tried to match my pace.

"My phone isn't working well", I say which wasn't exactly a lie. It wasn't even up to date.

"Ok, I'll get you one and when I see you again I will get your contact!".

I glanced over my shoulder at him as he stopped but kept on watching me. I hope he doesn't see me again even thou I knew that was most likely inevitable.

I went back inside and took the elevator to the top floor. I stopped at his door and knocked before I heard a 'come in'. I entered and saw him sitting in his chair looking through some documents. He pointed to his desk and I placed the coffee on it before turning to leave only to be stopped by his voice.

"I didn't say you could leave yet did I?".

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡