Chapter 1: The Rebellion- Sierra's Journal

Agh, this is so complicated. One minute I'm in 9th grade, but now I am 22 in college. I don't know or understand but I think Shelby knows the answers. We found my ancestor Benjamin Franklins old journal, and we are related. She could only recover one note, but it makes no sense. It's talking about future generations, which might refer to me. I don't know what is going on but I have to find out.

CRASH!

Seriously, now this is getting more strange, these people are dressed where you can't see there face nor gender but I don't know wh

Now Shelby and I are locked up in a strange building I have never seen, there's a window but it's dirt so it must be an underground base of some sort. But what could it be used for? I never got to finish my sentence because the people muffled us and I had to hide my journal so no one finds it.

I must explain everything now. I have found out the truth our family is aging faster than you can count! My parents don't seem as energetic, and starting to get tired very easily and just an hour ago they were both 42 now it seems they have turned 50 or so and I am sure I feel 22 and my parents somehow must have knew this for they set me up for college already.

The people that just HAD to break the windows spilled all of the beans to us. I only understand about 3 things:
1. Our family is depleting, and fast
2. We have to stop it somehow
3. We have to HURRY or else it will be too late.

I'm not sure how this happened, or when, or even how to stop it, but then they told us we must join the rebellion.

The rebellion is a group made of all of our family. The people led us to an elevator that leads down to a room with pictures of all our ancestors filling the walls. Including Franklin.

My mind is still processing all of this, and I'm laying in bed. I guess it's a good time to explain myself and Shelby. I am quite a shy person, but Shelby is my best friend. I don't have many friends though. Shelby is the best person ever! She is good at cheering me up and being at my side. I do the school advice column. I don't do any sports or anything at school. I am going to try and get some sleep.

I can't sleep.

Too many things in my mind, trying to inch their way out like a worm.

It's 3:00 am.

7:00 am.

I finally got a few hours of sleep in, since now it's 10. Today I must go to the underground building and get my eye scanned for the security-retina scanner door, and my Identification Card.

Oh my gosh, it's terrible! I blinked. Wow. Now the picture looks weird. Oh well. I finally built up the courage to ask questions. The chief, Magrobe Wilson, tells me that there's a formula lost in our timeline that mentions the reverse formula. Shelby says it is going to take a lot of research to find it, and a lot of traveling.

I'm going to the attic to see if there are any more Franklin notes.