Chapter 67: Celebrity Hit List

"You guys have a really… good relationship," Mu Yue remarked, a little shell-shocked as she watched Gu Wei calmly quit his group chat without any hint of a guilty conscience.

T.ATW was widely believed to be a very close-knit boy band. A part of their immense popularity stemmed from the close bonds the members seemed to share. Just a little while ago, Mu Yue had watched an interview with T.ATW in which they jokingly called themselves a bunch of fakers—

"We're super fake," the rapper Chi Yunkai said. "Whenever we feel like it, we'll kick the worst gamer in our group out of our group chat."

"When we're busy, we just each mind our own business," the center Fu Zhi said. "Really, we're not close at all."

"Gu Wei, how about you?' the interviewer asked. "You're the youngest in the group, and your gege all say your bonds are fake. What do you think of that?"

The Gu Wei in the video of the interview hummed thoughtfully. "I've already learned to see myself out of the group when I cause trouble. And when I say causing trouble, that includes, but isn't limited to, being dead weight to my teammates in video games."

"Good habit, I do the same thing," Shi Xinyan chimed in. "The trouble I cause includes, but isn't limited to, eating luosifen in the living room of our dorm."

The interviewer was speechless for a moment.

When she first watched that video, Mu Yue had thought they were kidding around for the sake of bringing some laughs to the interview. She never could have imagined that these guys had straightforwardly told the whole truth.

Mu Yue suddenly remembered Manager Zhao had arranged another interview for T.ATW, one that would be filmed in their dormitory. If they weren't careful, Mu Yue seriously feared the fragile public personas of these boys would be shattered to pieces.

Gu Wei was already so accustomed to his group's dynamics that he didn't know what was going through Mu Yue's mind at all. He was already looking forward to the release of the second installment of Escape Without a Trace, because it was a variety show he had filmed with Jiang Xun. Not only that, it would be the first time he appeared in period clothing.

The trailer wasn't long. It opened on a shot of the walls of the ancient palace city, then cut to footage of each guest entering their dressing room.

At that point, the trailer showed the captions:

Time rewinds… let us take a peek at what our guests looked like a long, long time ago!

A scene transition blurred the screen, and the footage that followed was a compilation of the guests having their photos taken after getting in costume. The editing was extremely detailed and well-done, with many special effects added in post-production.

Gu Wei was dressed in his light blue-green costume, tipping his head back to the sky as the wind rustled the flowering trees that surrounded him. Jiang Xun was wearing a set of black royal robes; he stood in the night as the camera panned over him, glancing into the lens and flashing a small, natural smile.

Then there were shots of Shi Xinyan, Bei Ke, and Qian Yining, who had yet again been forced into some convoluted costume.

All five of them were shown on screen for a moment before a bell sounded out, and the video cut over to a group of people dressed in strange white robes, meandering around the palace walls.

And after that, there were a few highlights the editors had chosen to feature in the trailer. Including the part with Gu Wei and Shi Xinyan wandering around, shouting insults about the director and their teammates into the night sky.