Mellizzie chapter2

Mellie rushed to put her clothes back on after she realized she was going to be late for a meeting. Lizzie walked up behind her and helped her zip up her dress.

Liz chuckled at Mellie's panic to rush to her meeting, "you do realize that you're the First Lady of the United States right? Nobody is going to say anything if you are a little late."

Mellie rushed around looking for her pearls. "Liz, you do realize I'm the First Lady right? If I am late for a meeting my people will come looking for me. And if they find me we will be done."

"No need to be a smart ass Mells. Just try not to stress over the little things." Liz said with concern. She gave Mellie a quick kiss before opening the door for them to go there separate ways for the day.

Mellie could hardly listen to a word they were saying during her meeting. She was too busy thinking about Liz. She was really starting to fall for her, she was just starting to get happy. Which meant a storm was coming. That's what always happened when Mellie was starting to be happy. The thought of getting hurt by another person, especially this person, made her stomach turn. She trusted Elizabeth with every inch of trust she had left, but she did not trust anything or anyone else around them. Mellie had to do something before the universe had the opportunity to bitch slap her in the face again.

After her meeting she went to find Elizabeth. She walked quickly down the hallway, planning out what she was going to say to her. Finally she saw the blond woman walking towards her. Mellie grabbed her by the arm, and pulled her into a room before anyone could see.

Lizzie smiled, "honey, it's only been a few hours since we've seen each other calm down."

Mellie got concerned as she realized that this beautiful woman had no idea what was about to happen, "Elizabeth we need to talk"

Liz knew it was serious. Mellie had not called her by her full name since they started seeing each other. It was always Lizzie, or Liz, or baby, or sweetie.

"I don't think I can do this anymore. All this sneaking around is childish and just imagine what would happen if we got caught. Can you please tell me how the world would react to the First Lady cheating on the president with a woman?" Mellie tried to say as coldly as possible, she knew if she didn't then she would burst into tears.

"Mellie I don't understand. Everything was going so well, what happened?"

Mellie hesitated. She wanted to tell her that her husband was in love with another woman. She wanted to tell her that no matter how hard she tried nothing would ever work out in favor, but instead she tried to make it as painless as possible, "I realized my road to the White House was my number one priority. I don't need any distractions along the way"

Mellie was trying not to look at Elizabeth. She was afraid if she did, she would fall into her arms and tell her it was all a lie.

"Mellie, that is not the reason."

She was shocked. She was expecting Liz to yell and tell her that she was being selfish. But she should've known better. Elizabeth genuinely cared about Mellie.

"What happened to you that made you stop trusting people."

Mellie sighed, she wanted to tell her about Big Jerry right there, "I don't want to talk about this."

Elizabeth ran her hand down Mellie's arm and grabbed her hand, "Mells, I think I love you, but I won't know for sure unless you give us the time to figure it out. It's only been a few months since that day that I kissed you. We've barely had time to discuss us."

"Which is why I'm doing this now."

"Mellie let me finish" Elizabeth took a breath to try and calm herself down "I want us to have time. I want to know more about you and I want you to know more about me. I want to exchange gifts on holidays. Eventually I want you to meet my daughter, but none of that can happen unless you give this time."

Mellie squeezed Elizabeth hand harder than she meant to, "I want all of that. I really do, but..."

"No Mellie. There's no but. It's simple, and when you make it more difficult than that, that's when things start to get messy."

Mellie knew Lizzie wouldn't take no for an answer. There was no point in continuing to argue because Elizabeth could debate anything Mellie said, "you're right. I'm just terrified of losing you."

Lizzie wrapped her hands around Mellie's waist, "it's okay. We can make it through this, just trust me. Before you know it you will president and everything will work itself out" Liz smiled "and did you really think I was going to let you off the hook that easily?"

Mellie ran her thumb over Elizabeth's cheek and kissed her, "come on sweetie we've got work to do"