Chapter 18

Neon Power Plant

"MANTISWOMAN!" MantisMan yells before he almost got blasted by living neon dodging a bit before getting hit in the chest himself. He was down but he started to get back up. "Well well. Your suit must have a lot of armor. Or it's insolated. So I'm going to have to blast you until your center melts." Living neon said before blasting Mantisman. But he dodged again as he went into cover. But living neon wasn't giving up as he flew after him appearing above him "Hey!" he yells blasting at him. MantisMan got out of the way running "What's going on in there?" Charles asked over his headpiece. "MantisWoman is down!" MantisMan said before getting behind cover "What! Get her out of here then!" Charles said, "What do you think I'm doing!" he yells.

While that was happing Bradshaw sneaks over to White Mask who looked worse for wear as she put handcuffs on her. "What the- Hey I'm the victim here!" she said "Mhm," Bradshaw said taken her away from this mess. "Hope the Mantis can handle this thing." White chuckled and shook her head. "They better Neon City will be in trouble." she said before Bradshaw looks at her "what do you mean?" she asked, "take me to safety and then ill tell you," White said. Bradshaw shook her head as she sees the chief body lying on the ground dead. She gotta call it in after she's done with white.

MantisMan continues to run and dodge living neons attacks before running out of room. Getting corned he turns around. "Nowhere to run bug." Living Neon said as he was about to blast him away but soon was flickering. MantisMan looks at him and smirks. "Does someone need a recharge?" he said before giving Living Neon a swift punch to the face. Living Neon felt that as he held his cheek before getting kick by the green hero. He hits the wall as he glares daggers at Mantisman before disappearing into a puff of neon gas.MantisMan sighs in relief that she's gone but looks overseeing MantisWoman. "Shit Kemeko," he said running over to her and helping her up. "I gotta take you to a hospital...no bad Idea...home," he said as he started to carry her back to his house.  

Neon Police Station

White Mask was in handcuffs and was in the integration room. She whistles a bit as she sees the door opening seeing Dean and Bradshaw. "Ahh. prosecutor Dean and Bradshaw. You know I always see you two together.~" She said with a smirk as Dean crossed his arms. "Enough with the games White." he said "Now. you said that Neon City will be in trouble why?" Bradshaw asked, "do this and Dean will go lighter on your sentence with the evidence he's got on you." Dean rolled his eyes. "Maybe." he said as White chuckles a bit and says this "Neon guy is planning to suck up all the Neon at one spot. And one spot only. And when he is done with that. He's planning to detonate himself," she said as Bradshaw and Dean looked at watch other. "Where?" they both asked "Where do you think?" White looked at the two. "...Oh no," Bradshaw said.

Neon City Suburbs

Charles was waiting around as he sighs a bit. "You ok?" Craig asked as Charles looked at him. "I'm alright. Better now that you're here." He said as Craig smiles a bit and kissed him. "So. um...How are Kemeko and Bill doing?" he asked. Charles sighs. "From what I hear not good," he said before hearing the door getting kicked open. "We have a problem here!" MantisMan said as Charles looks over with Craig. "What the hell," he said seeing that Kemeko was injured. "I need to set her down!." MantisMan said as Charles points to the carpet floor. MantisMan laid her down as he takes his mask. "Living Neon did this?" Craig asked "Yes. we need to do something!" MantisMan said as Charles was freaking out a bit "Charles. You patched us up before you can patch her up." he said. "Jesus Bill I don't know anything about Neon burn wounds!" Charles looks at Kemeko. 

 "Treat it like a regular burn," Craig said

 "Treat it like a regular burn," Craig said. The brothers looked t him. "I mean. If it's like a burn. Then it should be the same right?" Craig asked as Charles nods his head a bit. "Yeah yeah your right," Charles said as he got started fixing up Kemeko. "Jeez. its gonna take me a while. And she's going to need rest." he said as Bill nodded his head a bit before getting a phone call. From Bradshaw. "Bradshaw."

Bradshaw was talking while getting her gear. "MantisMan we Know where he's going to go. He's going to Chinatown. MantisMan he's planning to detonate himself. You know how many lives will be lost." Bradshaw said

"Too Many. alright. I'm on my way." Bill said as he puts his mask on. "Bradshaw says Living Neon is heading to Chinatown. He's going to drain all of its neon and blow himself up like a neon nuke." MantisMan said as Craig gasp. "Oh god." he starts to freak out a bit. "Craig calm down," Charles said. "Alright um. Ok. let me think....Ok ok. What if..we trap living neon before that happens." Charles said as he wheels over to the garage as he takes something out. It looks like a container taped to a tube. But it's not. "What is that?" MantisMan asked "This is how we're going to capture him. it s a makeshift trap I've been working on. Thinking about it. If neon can be trapped and stored in signs. Why cant it be the same for living neon." Charles said "Wow...That logic sounds...logical." Craig smiles at his boyfriend as MantisMan takes it. "Guess this is the game plan then. Go to downtown and trap living neon before he blows up." he said "You know...you don't have to do this. We can just leave. Take Kemeko and Craig with us and just leave Neon city." Charles looks at his brother but MantisMan shook his head. "No. I made a promise to mom. And I'm not going to let that promise be for nothing... I'll be ok Charles... will all be ok." MantisMan hugs his brother. "Oh, you two," Craig said about to cry. Charles sighs "well. If you want to get there faster. Here." Charles brings MantisMan to the garage and shows him a new Mantis gear. "Let me introduce you to. The MantisCycle." Charles said as MantisMan eyes widen "Charles. You are fucking amazing."