Chapter Forty Seven

"Are you cold?" he asked me from the wheel, the dark road ahead of us as he drove.

"No," I said to him, watching as he eyed me from the side.

"You're cold," he told me.

"No Kye, I'm fine."

He gripped onto the wheel harder, his knuckles turning white as he glanced over at me again.

"Don't fucking lie," he said, quickly pulling over to the side of the road and getting out of the car.

I took a deep breath as I heard the trunk open and him shuffling through our packed items.

He slammed the trunk door shut, making me jump.

He quickly got back into the car and gave me the blanket, which I gladly accepted.

"You need to calm down," I told him as he sat there for a moment, his fists still clenching.

"Nothing happened to us, we got out of there." I continued on.

"They could of killed you," he snapped, "I can't keep you safe."

I grabbed onto his hand, watching as he fought against his thoughts.

"But they didn't," I said, "and you don't need to keep me safe, I can take care of myself."

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he squeezed my hand.

"I know," he said to me, "I know."

I placed my hand on the side of his cheek and pulled my face closer, placing my lips against his and moving them together.

He quickly pulled me out of my seat and onto his lap, making me straddle him as his hands went to my butt, grabbing it harshly.

"I can't lose you," he muttered against my lips, grabbing my waist and pushing me against him, earning a moan from his mouth.

"You won't," I told him, grabbing onto the head rest as he continued to grind my ass against him, and I felt his pants strain as I let a moan slip.

He attached his lips to my neck, sucking harshly as I continued to moan, his teeth slightly grazing against my skin.

We both stopped as a set of headlights beamed inside the car, a vehicle passing by us on the other side of the street.

Kye checked the time, briefly closing his eyes as he turned back to me.

"You should get some rest," he said. "We still have a long ways to go."

I nodded and pushed myself up, but he only pulled me back down.

"Sleep here," he said, grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head against his chest, feeling the car rumble as he started it.

He drove back onto the road, one hand on my back and the other on the wheel.

"Sleep my love," he said to me when I would pick my head up to protest about the danger of it.

And soon enough I did. Falling asleep to the feeling of his hand rubbing against my back and the engine of the car.

✥ ✥ ✥

Kye's POV

Here she was. Sleeping in my arms as I drove to the next safe house.

She finally looked peaceful. No stress, no worry, just a soft expression.

The thumping feeling in my chest while I looked at her made my body warm up, and made a light smile stretch upon my face.

I don't think I could ever love anyone like this again.

I love her so fucking much.

I took a deep breath as I stared back onto the road, the feeling of guilt replacing the feeling of love.

I couldn't tell her what awaited us at the safe house. What we would have to go through.

I thought I could tell her in the car, but then I couldn't.

Does that make me a bad person? That I couldn't tell the person I love what was about to happen?

Maybe it does.

Maybe that makes me a fucking coward.

But I can't hurt her, I can't make her upset.

So I'll wait. Wait until she wakes up to tell her what's about to happen.

I took another deep breath as I looked down at her, her mouth slightly parted as she gripped onto me.

She doesn't deserve this life. A life full of terror and worry.

A life where she can't live, where she's stuck here, stuck with me.

I gripped onto the wheel as I watched another car pass by, a nervous feeling building in my chest when I looked into the rear view mirror to see if the car would turn around.

And it didn't.

The weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I just need to make it safe to the house.

I told myself over and over again, my other hand gripping onto Aliyah like I was going to lose her, because I knew, it might happen soon.