Gaze

He is watching from the crowd while I'm dancing with grace; various colors running on my face. I couldn't help it, I followed his gaze when the music stopped. I ran quickly down the stage stairs and approached him. I asked him if he remembers the Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel book, he borrowed from me last week. He smirked, and then asked if he could take a picture with me. I nodded. His friend took a picture of us, illuminated with the camera's flash in the middle of the crowd. 

"I missed you." He said, I'm a little shocked because we just met a month ago. I laughed at him and responded that I need my book back so bad to change the topic. He grabbed his bag a meter away from the place I was standing. I was staring at his wavy hair and then turned to his long slender fingers when he handed my book. 

"Thank you." he said. 

"You're welcome." I waved at him as a sign of goodbye but he ignored it. 

Before I walked away from him, he shouted my name and waved back. 

The next day, I saw him standing outside the library, reading a book at exactly 5:42 AM. I tried to ignore him and walk past him to go inside the classroom but he saw me and shouted my name again. I'm not irritated about how he called me, I found it funny because I assume that he seems to be enjoying it, even though he looks out of his mind while doing it. 

"You don't need to shout my name." I said and laughed a little. 

"Why not?" He asked with a low voice. "Ok." And then he shouted my name again. "Ok, Diane!"

 Suddenly, I kicked him. I don't know where I kicked him, it's just that I'm a little violent. That's my common response when I'm in an awkward situation. It's either I will walk away or end the conversation with violence. I felt embarrassed, so I apologized to him. 

 "I just wanted to ask you if I could walk you home. I never thought..." He laughed and tousled my hair.

Written by: Diane Anthonette C. Orbiso

The book I mentioned in my story is the Prequel of Mortal Instruments: Infernal Devices Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.