Chapter 6: Will She Survive?

Oliver was running in the hospital going towards the cancer facility. He was looking at the names, and spotted: ‘Orson, Ariana’. He opened the door, and saw Ariana looking at him. “Oliver…” Ariana said. He closed the door behind him, and slowly went towards her.

        He kneeled down to her, and met her at eye level. “Ariana…” Oliver said. “I’m glad that you’re better.” Ariana said. “Forget about me! What about you? Why didn’t you tell me this..?” Oliver asked. “I was… Scared to tell you…” Ariana said. She saw the sadness in his eyes. “Ariana… I know that I didn’t tell you my disease either, but when I did tell you about it, how come you didn’t tell me yours then?” Oliver asked. “I told you… I was scared to tell you…” Ariana said. “The reason why you’re wearing that beanie is because… You don’t..?” Oliver asked. “Yes, I lost all of my hair.” Ariana said and took off her beanie.

        His eyes widen. “I know… I’m not beautiful as I used to be. I’m hideous now… I know that you hate me for not telling you this sooner… I know that I’ve hurt you, and I’m really sorry…” Ariana said beginning to cry. He brung her into a loving embrace. “Oliver…” Ariana said. “Ariana, don’t say things like that. You’re still beautiful, don’t say that you’re not. Remember what I said earlier? You will still be beautiful even without hair, and I’m sorry I said that so bluntly… And I don’t hate you at all… I still love you very much.” Oliver said. She couldn’t respond, because she was crying so hard, and she buried her face in his shoulder. He gently patted her back.  “There. There.” Oliver said.

         Many weeks has passed, Ariana was still getting chemotherapy. She had to stay at the hospital, because she had to get treated more than ever. Oliver visited her every day. “Oliver, I have good news.” Ariana said. “Really? What is it?” Oliver asked. “The chemotherapy is working. My cancer is starting to go away.” Ariana said. He smiled brightly. “That’s wonderful news. I want you to get better. I gotten better because of you, and I hope you get better because of me.” Oliver said. She nodded. “I will stay strong.” Ariana said. “Ariana…” Oliver said kneeling down to her, and was getting close to her face. He brought her in to a kiss. “Oliver…” Ariana thought and kissed him back. "Promise me that you will get better?" Oliver asked. "I promise." Ariana said holding out a pinky. They pinky promised, sworing that she will make it out alive.

        Several months have passed, and her hair was starting to grow back little by little, but she was still fighting for her life. Oliver’s phone rang and he answered the call. It wasn’t a call from Ariana, but a call from the hospital, and he dropped the phone and ran out of his office.

(Sorry about the short part ^^;)