Thank you!

It was a sunny afternoon in Mumbai

It was a sunny afternoon in Mumbai. The sun was emitting its light with all its strength. Sweat-beds were glistening on the foreheads of people walking on the streets. Birds were chirping as they soared in the high skies. Children were gleefully exiting their schools post an exhausting day.

Just like those children, a 14 year-old Prerna Nigam had left her school and entered her house, making it known to everyone in it by tossing off her shoes, flipping off the bag and throwing herself on the couch.

"Lazy girl! How will you understand the importance of cleanliness!?" yelled her mother- Vaishnavi Nigam

"Not in the mood mom!" came a reply as Prerna surfed through the t.v. channels.

"What do you mean by NOT IN THE MOOD!?"

"Not in the mood, means not in the mood to talk to anyone, Maa!"

Vaishnavi noticed the difference in her voice, as if she would just cry. She saw the t.v. screen and smiled.

"Had a fight with your friend?" Vaishnavi asked.

"How do you know?"

"Well, my grown-up daughter surely doesn't like to watch Chota Bheem" she said in a teasing manner. It was the ending scene where all the friends were joyfully celebrating their victory.

"I broke my friendship with Tanya because she called me a 'buddhu' when I couldn't solve a Maths problem"

"WHAT!?" yelled her father, Abhishek Nigam.

"What happened?" asked Prerna confused by his reaction.

"You can't break friendship that easily baccha."

"What do you mean?"

"It's story time!"

💙

"You always used to ask about your dada-dadi, right?" asked Abhishek as he started driving his car.

"Yes papa!"

"What if I tell you that they are alive?"

"Then I will tell you to take me to them! I want to meet dada-dadi!!!" she said suddenly showing interest in the whole conversation.

"You have seen Bahubali, right?"

"Yes!"

"Who is the villain?"

"Bhallaldev and his father!"

"Hmmm! Bhallaldev was Bahubali's brother and his father was Bahubali's uncle."

"What are you trying to say, Dad?"

"That sometimes our own loved ones can be a bit bad."

"ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT DADA-DADI ARE BAD?"