chapter 1 - fall comes close

"Holly!" My teacher called out.
"will you really buy me that much of Robux?" I asked.
"What?" My teacher looked confused.
"Holly wake up!" She said.
"huh?" I replied.
I had saw the whole class looking at me. You know that one stare that your classmates give you and u just wished they looked away? Yeah that's what I'm feeling right now. I had been daydreaming. And the fact that my class heard what I said- it was embarrassing. But wait, I forgot to introduce myself. Im Holly. Just a normal girl. Nothing special you expect from me. Except that im obsessed over roblox. I mean that's the only thing you need to know right? Yeah maybe not. Anyways back to school I need to focus.

"sorry I was-" I said , unable to finish my sentence as the teacher started speaking.
"Daydreaming about getting one million Robux , we know" the teacher replied.

did I really say it that many times for my teacher to memorise it? okay well maybe. But I can't help it. History class is soo boring! Like why do you have to learn about the past when we are in the present?

I remained quiet. The teacher went back to the board and started explaining us. I dint listen to a thing she said. I held my phone but in a position where the teacher dint see. It was under my table. I had joined roblox and was about to claim my login streak until- ugh she's such a tattletale I swear.

"Miss! Holly is playing roblox and not paying attention to you" Julie said.

Arg this is why I hate her. She's such a tattletale. Whenever she sees someone playing or doing anything on their phone during class , she tells the teacher. Like I don't even know why she does this all the time. You know that's why she doesn't have friends. Actually wait no- she does have friends. Well one friend. But Julies friend is nothing less than Julie herself. What's her name again? Oh yeah- Amelia. Amelia is literally a copycat of Julie. She was nice before until Julie had just taught her that being a tattletale meant your a good human being. Julie is such a liar. But no matter how much we all tell Amelia that Julie is a liar , she doesn't listen.

"Holly , is this true?" The teacher asked me.
"Uh..." I was sweating. I dint know what to do.
"Yes. It's true. I was playing roblox in your class. I'm really sorry, it's just that - well, sometimes I get really bored in your class and so I thought I could claim my roblox login streak quickly so I wouldn't loose it." I said.

there was this long pause before the teacher had spoke. Not gonna lie she's a slow teacher like speak faster please.

"That is a very irresponsible thing to do" the teacher said.
"I know and I'm really sorry." I replied.
"I have no other choice but to put you in detention." My teacher said.
"but-" I responded

She dint say anything and went back to the board. well great , I'm in detention because of Julie. honestly I don't even know why she is in school. She should just be kicked out.

The school bell rang and I rushed out of the classroom. I had seen Audrey waiting outside for me. Audrey is my best friend. We have been besties for like- ever since we were 3! I know pretty crazy right?

"Audrey!!" I said.
"Holly!" She replied.
"I have a WHOLE schedule planned for this weekend. so first we go to the movies , then on the way we can get some ice cream if you want. But after that we can go to get-" she said.
"woah woah slow down!" I responded.
"oh whoops sorry. I was just so exited." She said.
"It's alright, wanna come to my home?" I asked.
"do I ever? Of course!!" She said.

we walked to my car. I dint see her car anywhere. Maybe it was late.

"Wanna come in my car?" I asked.
"sure." She said.

we went in my car to my house. I mean I don't think everyone was expecting a guest right now but you know it's fine. I dint even tell my mom yet , and Audrey dint tell hers either. so I told Audrey to call her mom and inform her that she was at my place. And for me , well I'm already at my house so I can tell my mom and I don't need to call her.

"hey mom!" I said , as I entered the house.
"hi sweetie how was school?" She asked.
"It was good." I replied.
"you dint tell me Audrey was gonna come" she said.
"oh yeah well uh , she just informed her mother and she said it's okay!"
"Alright then. Audrey make yourself at home!" She said.
"Thank you!" Audrey replied.

Just the moment I realised I had to stay back at school because I got detention. well let's hope my teacher doesn't call my mom anytime soon. and I was not planning to go back to school. Besides I would love to skip detention!

Audrey followed me upstairs. we had showered and gotten changed. after that I had gone to get my iPad. I mean we had to play roblox. Well my computer was not charged. Audrey used her phone to play.

"aye wait I thought you had detention-" Audrey said.
"Oh uh yeah but you know I wanted to uhm skip it I uh guess" I replied.
"Your gonna get in trouble!" Audrey said.
"Yeah yeah but she won't notice-" I said.
"wait-argh never mind" I stumbled.
"Don't get all pouty I'll help you find an excuse" she snapped.
"Thanks." I replied.

We played roblox for a while until we got hungry.
"hey I'm hungry" Audrey said.
"yeah me too let's go check downstairs" I said

we went downstairs into the kitchen.
"What's cooking?" She smirked.
"Just some-" I replied , shocked.
"MACAROONS AND PASTA!" I screamed.
"well that's probably why you should always shut your ears in the kitchen when your at Holly's house" she laughed.
"hey!" I giggled.
"what are we waiting for? let's eat!!" She said.

We took out the pasta in one plate and the macaroons in a smaller plate. we each took out how much we wanted and starting eating.

"Oh wow-" Audrey munched.
"This is --- good" Audrey said.
"I know!" I said , with pasta full in my mouth.

we finished eating and went back upstairs. I took a macaroon to eat upstairs. They were so good. we went to our phones until Audrey got an idea.

"Hey you know how Halloween is coming up" Audrey asked.
"wait-" I snapped.
"OMG I FORGOT ABOUT OUR COSTUMES" I yelled.
"no I meant I have an idea for it" Audrey replied.
"Phew!" I whispered.
"But that still means costumes" she giggled.
"Aw man" I said.
"Anyways I was thinking for Halloween maybe we could explore some haunted houses!" Audrey replied.
"haunted houses?" I asked.
"yeah" Audrey said.
"You know those are fake , right?" I asked.
"Uh well- I uh-" she stuttered.
"fine" I stumbled.
"Yay!!!" She exclaimed.

I heard a knock on the door. well it was Audery's car. I really wanted her to stay for longer, we could have discussed on the Halloween costumes. I dint even get a chance to ask her what she was gonna be for Halloween.

"aw man your leaving , already?" I asked.
"sorry. See you tomorrow after school? She asked.
"Of course." I replied.

I waved to her as she went in her car. But I still wanted to discuss the Halloween outfits with her. I mean I could invite her after school to my house again. This Halloween costume is so important that we need to discuss it every day!