XIII-Questions

The doorbell rang at exactly seven in the evening,  Bf/n's hurried steps to answer the door following its' sound.

Though they were currently dressed in simple pajamas, Y/n, however, was in the guest room getting ready. Surprisingly, Bf/n had tricked their bestfriend into thinking they were going out with the MSBY Black Jackals to celebrate. But in reality, only Y/n was leaving the house that night with someone she didn't expect.

"How did you get her to say yes, exactly?", Kenma asks, with both concern and confusion written in his face.

"Well...", Bf/n begins to try and explain and Kenma only rolls his eyes and sighs.

"You lied to her didn't you?", Kenma's face scrunched up in frustration.

"Okay maybe I did... but I- I had my reasons! How else are you guys gonna get togeth-", their sentence was cut off by another voice and Bf/n began to panic.

"Is that Atsumu?", Y/n's voice asks all the way from the guest room, trying her heels on but then changing into something lower to make sure she doesn't trip and humiliate herself like she did back in college.

"About that...", Bf/n begins to run to their room as soon as they heard the tapping of Y/n's heels on the floor. "Good luck.", Bf/n whispers and shuts the bedroom door.

Y/n finally looks up, seeing the person she least expected to see, who also happened to be the person she wanted to see the most.

"Oh.", she says in surprise but Kenma didn't seem to notice, too busy taking in the image of Y/n in a simple yet elegant white dress, and Kenma could only imagine what she would look like wearing a much longer one, holding a bouquet of flowers as she walks his way towards him.

"Hey.", he manages to say, surprised his own mouth didn't sabotage him.

"Hi... Kenma.", the awkwardness makes both of them smile.

"Bf/n-", Kenma tries to explain but he was quickly cut off.

"Lied. I know.", she only laughs, and Kenma felt a sense of relief wash over him. "It's fine.", she smiles at him. 

"Now, where are you taking me?", she asks, going out the door.

...

The car ride was surprisingly relaxing, the two of them just enjoying each other's company in silence. Kenma stops at his mother's house, his heart dropping and then beating fast after seeing some of his other relatives' car parked in front of it.

"She totally set you up."

"She totally set me up.", they manage to say at the same time.

Kenma parks the car, looking at his mirrors before speaking.

"Are you sure you're okay wearing heels? I have some shoes in your size in the backseat.", he assures her as he stops the car. 

"It's alright.", Y/n says, stepping out of the car.

"Careful! There's a road bump there.", he warns and quickly exits the car to assist her.

They made their way to the doorstep and Kenma rings the doorbell. Y/n looks at him, noticing that his tie was crooked. 

"Kenma.", she says and he immediately looks to her direction. "Hold, please.", she says as she gives him the cake she had baked herself. 

She quickly fixes his tie that coincidentally looks like it matches the pattern of her dress. He couldn't help but stare at her, his breath hitching.

The quiet and romantic moment was soon interrupted by the opening of the door and the shouts of little kids. Kenma groaned inside his head due to the sudden interruption.