three

For once, in a long while, you were off-duty. And you spent your time sitting on a bench in the heart of Inazuma city, staring at a sakura tree that was planted on the other side of the street. You looked like any other Inazuman citizen, your usual general uniform nowhere to be seen on you as you adorned a (color) kimono instead.

You removed the straw hat you wore on your head and placed it on your lap, sighing.

You haven't faced Lady Kamisato or her chief retainer ever since you confiscated his vision, but you heard that he ran away from the Raiden Shogun with the blond stranger and he managed to take his vision. You were thankful, but now the blond traveler is a wanted criminal and Thoma is nowhere to be found.

Probably hiding in Komore Teahouse, you thought. Not anyone can go in there, so it seemed like the perfect hiding place for a wanted person... You also assumed that you can't go there anymore since it was mostly your fault Thoma got into this whole mess. You could almost imagine and feel the disappointment Ayaka felt.

You knew what you were doing isn't right.

Running your fingers through your hair, you untangled your locks before placing the straw hat back on your head. You were about to stand up and leave, maybe to go get something to eat, until one of your samurais appeared in your vision and stopped you.

"General (y/n)." He spoke, bowing his head. You didn't move from your seat, looking at him with your eyebrows knit up. You'll never catch a break.

"...I'm off-duty." You responded, looking up at him from under your straw hat.

"I apologize, but this is important."

You sighed. "What is it?"

You hoped it'd be something simple, like assigning roles for some of your samurais- something that isn't confiscating a vision or arresting someone. You were definitely not in the mood to play the bad guy once again, and you were afraid some of the samurais have started to notice your hesitance when it comes to seizing visions.

"Her Excellency has requested your presence in Tenshukaku."

You froze.

The Raiden Shogun wanted to see you for the first time after you let someone escape and take their vision back. Normally, you'd feel rather neutral about meeting her, sometimes you'd even be happy. But now, your heart sank, and you swallowed the lump that formed in your throat.

The expression on your face was neutral, you didn't express what you felt, but your eyes showed the fear you felt, and you were afraid the samurai would notice.

"General (y/n)?" 

You shook your head and gave him a timid smile. "Oh, I... Thank you for telling me, I'll go see her right now." You told him, and he nodded his head before bowing one last time and leaving you alone to your worries.

A painful wave of worry and dread washed over you as you hesitantly stood up. What would happen if you just decided to not go, and just leave the city? Would the Electro Archon hunt you down if you left Inazuma? Would she easily let one of her most trusted generals leave just because guilt has started to play with their mind?

Not only will you be making an enemy of the Raiden Shogun, but also an enemy of Kujou Sara. You weren't sure which one was worse, because either way, both of them could hunt you down and get you killed.

You made your way to Her Excellency's residence.

And hesitantly, you entered Tenshukaku, breathing shakily as you saw her standing at the end of the room. Intense, glowing purple eyes stared at you.