iii.

PREVIOUSLY ON BASE RUNNER...

"Alaska, he really wants to meet my best friend, I mean, he wants your approval."

"Approval for what?"

"Something." She says, twisting something shiny on her finger. Wait a minute.

"Is that an engagement ring?!" I shrieked.

***

She blushes, smiling really wide. 

"Summer! He popped the question?!" 

"Yes! That's why he wanted to meet you, to get your approval for the engagement!" She smiled, looking at me with her piercing blue eyes.

"Oh, well of course I approve! You've been together for like a thousand years! It's about time he proposed." I hugged her, and grabbed by keys.

"I have to head to the park today, see you in a few hours!" 

I walked to my car, and looked down at my clothes. A sunflower printed crop top, white overalls, and pink sneakers. I got into the small vehicle, and drove to the ballpark. 

I advanced to field three, where Harry's team were playing. I sat down at the front row of the bleachers, like always. Harry was sitting in the dugout, waiting for his turn to bat. His curly hair was squished into the cap with the team's logo on it. Since he wasn't playing, he had turned it backward. He was laughing, and he looked so damn attractive. 

It was his turn to bat, and he turned his cap back around, and grabbed the bat. He walked in front of the catcher, and waited for the perfect time to hit.

He swung, the sound of the impact ringing through my ear. He ran all the way to second base, while the crowd cheered his name and applauded. Many girls were screaming his name, and he noticed every single one of them.

I wasn't a part of that group of girls, they were way different than me, the number one difference being that Harry actually noticed them when they shouted his name. Not that I wanted to be those girls, all they did was embarrass themselves anyway.

After the games, the team would throw their caps up into the air, and sometimes the cap would be caught by a girl or in a tree. Harry threw his cap into the air, and it landed right in front of me. I grabbed it, intending to return it. 

I got  up, making my way through to Harry, to return his cap. I bit my lip as I got closer to him, not wanting to interrupt his conversation. I tapped his broad shoulder, and he turned around. 

"You need anything?" He said, eyeing my small stature.

"Yeah, um, here's your cap." I stuttered.

"Oh, thanks. Where was it?"

"I think you threw it too high, it landed right in front of me."

"Well thank you, um.."

"What?"

"What's your name?"

He wanted to know my name?

"Oh, I'm Alaska."

"Nice to meet you, Alaska." He said, shaking my hand and soon left to the team's bus.

His voice was way deeper than I expected, and he was taller than I expected. 

He was so much more attractive up close.

A/N: I am so so so sorry for the suckish chapter, I didn't want to keep you guys hanging!