2-9: Ocean Explosion

The doubles round concluded the previous day, many eager to witness this year's tournament champion. Whilst the people of Remnant celebrated the Vytal Festival, the ones who truly ran the world were deadlocked in an intense chess match. One that could alter the lives of all, and empower those who dealt in shadows.

The Grimm Machine diligently scoured dangerous parts of Vale, finding any leads possible to a cease in White Fang activity. Crime came to a halt after Roman Torchwick's arrest during the events of the Breach. Only the robot and a few others recognized the gravity of the stagnation, leading most to believe something greater lurked behind closed doors.

If the machine found some intelligence on the matter, it could share the info with Qrow, who V1 planned to meet later this day. In the lack of crime, tracing it rose greatly in difficulty, with hopefuls needing to go off hunches and sparse evidence. Yet the robot knew of the likely locations beforehand, being present in said areas.

Reading a plethora of publicly available police reports, V1 selected those that possessed the closest location from its list to investigate. Searching through thick and thin, the machine arrived at its first target, slipping through the building's ventilation system. The robot listened in on several people idly chatting about meaningless things.

Crawling down further into the vents, the robot arrives at an open hatch, in which it silently descends. Landing atop a catwalk, it identified the targets to be a dozen White Fang members, each armed and loading containers into bullheads. Hiding behind boxes, V1 discovers more heavy weaponry, in the forms of experimental Atlesian firearms and stolen Paladins.

Curious to what was being carried to the aircraft, it found the members with a countless amount of dust crates. The sheer quantity of weaponry and dust within the warehouse allowed the machine to dispose of the equipment in... explosive fashion.

The robot needed nobody to stop it from doing the deed, so V1 gained position against the terrorists. Quietly climbing onto ground level, the machine obscured itself using a box and equipped the marksman.

V1 flipped a coin around a corner, the shiny object capturing the guard's attention. The member picked up the coin and noticed the peculiar nature of it. V1 sprung out with the knuckleblaster arm to punch a hole through the man, ceasing his life.

The others in the building realized their dead comrade's body and the machine standing over it.

"Open fire!" one screamed.

The faunus shot at the robot, with none of their bullets landing due to the metal monstrosity's blinding speed. V1 climbed atop a shipping container, swapping to the Feedbacker, not slowing down in the slightest. Deploying the shotgun, the machine boosted the pellets from it repeatedly, blasting a group of soldiers to chunky pieces.

Switching to the marksman once more, V1 tosses a coin up and times a splitting shot onto two guards. The last few White Fang members attempted to rush the machine, with each try being useless in the face of V1, who effortlessly outclassed them.

Gunning down the final soldier with the slab piercer, the warehouse was cleared of all opposers. Wanting information on the absence of criminal acts around Vale, the robot searched the building for leads.

Coming across a planning room, a whiteboard read, "Wait for signal from Adam to attack."

Beside the ambiguous message, was a bulletin board on various successful heists and a map of Vale, accompanied by crude details on it. Pulling out its scroll, V1 took pictures of the room for reference.

The robot moved to the main area of the warehouse, doing the same in the name of data collection. With the short photography stint complete, the machine strolled through the weaponry section to find something explosive.