ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: 𝓦𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 (𝒪𝓇 𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓉 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒮𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔?)

𝓨ou wake to somebody's hand waving in your face. 

Their words are blurry. You can't understand it. What are they trying to say? You hear them, but for some reason cannot make out the words they're meant to say. 

Something's wrong. 

You blink and you wake up.

It's hot as you wake. Your room feels humid, your skin feels sticky, and your breath itself feels sweaty. You run a hand over your face and kick off your blankets. Your mind is still hazy. It's dark, and you stumble to your chair. You sit there, the air of your fan just barely giving some relief from the heat leftover from summer. 

You still don't know what that person meant to tell you.

Frowning, you crawl back into your bed and sleep until it's time to wake for school.

--

Something's off. Your dream must have bothered you more than you thought. It's annoying, how you still can't remember it quite well. The most you can remember is yourself thinking of how rude it was for somebody to wave their hand in your face, and then somebody speaking as if you were underwater- you knew they were saying something, but couldn't make out the words. Sighing, you decided to think about school rather than a dream you'd forget about in a few days.

--

You wake to somebody's hand waving in your face.

This again?

"Come on-"

They say more, but you can't understand it. 

Their face is still blurry, but this time you can make out the tall figure in front of you.

"What are-" you try to speak but before you know it, your vision turns dark and you wake up in your room. It's time for you to get up, as your loud alarm seems to say. 

You try to close your eyes and fall back asleep. Maybe you'd finally hear what this tall person is trying to tell you.

You're both anxious and scared, with a confusing layer of calm over it all. 

You can't fall back asleep.

You go to school.

--

You wake to somebody's hand waving in your face.

Why-

"Come on, we-"

"I can't hear you-"

Your vision turns black. You wake up to your dark room, curtains closed. You check your phone to see it say 3:21 in the morning.

You're so tired of this.

You fall back asleep to nothing.

You go to school.

--

You wake to somebody's hand waving in your face.

Again?

"Come on, we have to-"

"Have to what-?"

You open your eyes to light slightly coming through your window.

You go to school.

--

You wake to somebody's hand waving in your face.

Come on, we have to get going," the tall person says.

And, oh, you recognize that tattoo.

You recognize that hair.

Oh.

This time, your vision doesn't switch to your room.

Instead, your vision is clear as you stare at the face of Draken.

Aka, a character from Tokyo Revengers.. that anime your friend told you to watch.

Oh this is not good. You hadn't even seen all of it! You'd just read some random fanfics and now it was like you were inside of a fanfic. That couldn't be true, though. You were a real person-

Lucid dreaming existed. Or- shifting! That's what people call it. Maybe you.. accidentally shifted to a universe where you exist. Of course. So maybe your brain was unconsciously shifting you over? Seemed like it. It made the most amount of sense, although it didn't really make too much sense either. It's not like you'd thought of anything like shifting before other than a slight curiosity in it after seeing it mentioned on some social medias. 

"..Draken?"

"Yeah?" he asked you, wondering why you randomly said his name. For the past few minutes your face had been pale, your voice strangely shaky, and your eyes unfocused. 

"I'm here too!" Mikey pouted.

You frowned, before quoting something as though you were about to turn to dust and disappear with half the population of the universe, "..I don't feel so good."

Then you fell unconscious. Which, honestly, what the hell. Did this mean you were going to wake up?

You'd only just got here, though-

--

"Hey!" Draken shouts, and Mikey's eyes widen as he moves to grab your falling figure to stop your impact from the ground. Your eyes are closed and you're unresponsive.

Draken places the back of his palm over your forehead only to find you weren't burning up. What was wrong, then?

He frowned and decided it would be safer to leave you at home. Your sibling would be able to help you.

"Come on, before we go to that dueling place, let's drop them off."

"'Kay."

--

When you wake it's to a familiar ceiling.

"..Fuck," you whisper to your empty room. You were so close to-

"Oh, good, you're awake."

What the fuck? you want to say, but something tells you this is your family. 

"Your violent friends brought you over because you fainted. I told you to sleep at a normal time, since getting that little sleep cannot be healthy with all that fighting you do, but you're just not a healthy human being."

You face automatically forms a pout and glare, your mouth opening with instinct, "Bitch."

"Whatever. Make sure you do your chore if you're feeling better."

"..Fine."

They leave the room and you pause. What the hell? So now you have a .. sibling? 

Weird.

"Oh yeah! They went over to that.. middle school fighting ring? They told me to tell you!" You hear from the other room.

Wait.

The.. the fighting ring-

This is.. the moment!

Holy shit.

You hand unconsciously raises to your mouth.

Ah... today's the day it started for Takemichi. 

Holy shit...