Shortable Pt. 1

-Miss Pauling and Scout-

Scout swooped Ms. Pauling and leaped over the wall and quickly hid inside an old abandoned tool shed.

Scout gently lays Ms. Pauling on the ground. His hands covered in blood.

"Ahhh geese, Ms. Pauling.."

"Does it look bad?"

"Well.. no.. it looks good.. you look great.. You--"

Ms. Pauling interrupts him, "Scout just tell me."

Scout sighs and looks at Ms. Pauling with downhearted eyes.

"Its not good."  Scout begins to tear up as he speaks. "Medic's gone.. everyone's gone.. Ms. Pauling I-" Tears start to roll down Scouts face.  "T-theres nothing I can do!.. Nothing.." He chokes up, crying.

Ms. Pauling holds Scouts hand, "Scout come down closer to me." Scout leans down closer to Ms. Pauling. She smiles, "Scout.. Stop your ugly crying. All I wanted was a yes or a no."

"...oh." Scout was shocked for a second but grinned and started giggling. "How are you always so calm in these situations? You make it seem that everything is goin' to be fine, but it's not.. you're not fine!"

"Scout.." Ms. Pauling sighs. "Scout, look everything is going to be fine. I'm going to be fine.... Watch!"

"No everything!.. won't.. be.... fine...." Scout is suddenly speechless.
He slowly watched as Ms. Pauling turned into a pink elephant with a giraffe's neck.

"M-Ms. Pauling?"

What use to be Ms. Pauling looks at Scout with a huge grin and slaps him with her large ears.

*Loud Slapping noise*

Scout opens his eyes. Bewilderment covers his face. He looks around the room. He was no longer in the tool shed with Ms. Pauling. He was in his bed, in his room. Scout sighs in relief. "What messed up dream."

"I'd say."

Scout screams hearing the disembodied voice. He looks over at the end of his bed. Medic was sitting there eating popcorn.

"I've never once seen someone slap themselves in zheir sleep, it was highly amuzing."